Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had car for 3 months (1.6HDi) Just got blasted 'risk of particle filter blocking' warning on dash. Done a full oil, air and fuel filter change, took it for a 50 mile blast at 3000+ revs. Light is still still on but running sweet and my MPG has improved since the service. There's a guy I've been in touch with locally who will remove it and remap the ECU for under £300. Seriously thinking of doing this as I know I will get further problems ongoing. I only drive it locally but give it a 5 minute blast on motorway each way every weekend on way to golf course. Obviously this is not enough, I should have done my homework before purchase I suppose. It's done 62000 and I don't think its regenerating. It's my first diesel and I thought I would save money on running costs buying it but with first my heater flaps and now this I'm getting seriously p***** off with it but I'm stuck with it now. Opinions anyone?:)

C

·
0 Posts
It should do but it was only a guess to be honest your car needs about 20 different things all working perfectly to perform a regen of the DPF eg fuel cap sensor, glow plugs, additive level correct etc etc if any one of these is faulty the car wont regen and you will get error messages popping up then your DPF will block costing you a lot more money and time in the process. Get your car read on planet by either a member on here or at the Stealers and then post up the codes if needs be on here :D

Oh and put your location on your profile etc and maybe details of your car etc on your signature as there may be a member right next to with planet

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for that Colin. I guess I need to get it plugged in you are correct. Then I will see what options I have. I will update my loc now, I'm in Huddersfield, really don't want to go to the dealer, they are all callous rip-off merchants and will just tell me I need a new fap!

C

·
0 Posts
Thank you very much for that Colin. I guess I need to get it plugged in you are correct. Then I will see what options I have. I will update my loc now, I'm in Huddersfield, really don't want to go to the dealer, they are all callous rip-off merchants and will just tell me I need a new fap!
Like the update :thumb: just had a quick look on the planet map and the nearest members to you are

STOREMAN - Oldham
TRUSTME - Bradford
JACK307 - Barnsley

All 3 are very regular on here send them a PM I'm sure they will be able to help you out :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
just finished the test, no faults on the additive system although upon startup a dpf filter blocking warning apears. along with a picture of a filter blocked lol.

better then what mine says,

but anyway, the only faults on engine ecu where:

The intermitent ones i cleared and they didnt return at the time. so there shouldnt be a problem there.
:nono:

Can anyone shed some light?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Think it could be glow plugs as discussed Jack. A thread on it here.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/pre-post-heating-relay-circuit-22352/

I'll get a set fitted and see what happens, if no good I'll get the damn thing removed. Thanks for all your help.

PS I have an even more urgent problem. No heat from passenger side now on way home so need to get the flaps done before the big freeeeeze!

My wallets quivering now:mad:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thanks for comin mate.
Theres a guy on here will mapnur ecu file t remove dpf for free.

If.the filter is.blocked then.new.plugs wont do much help. But they will get the syatem regening so may clear it up a bit. Go for the plugs n ler us know mate

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
As it says 'filter risk of blocking' I'm inclined to think that the filter may not be actually blocked but if there is a fault somewhere stopping it regenerating correctly other than passively (hard motorway driving) eg. faulty glowplugs or fuel cap sensor therefore it would throw up the message as a generic perhaps? Like an early warning system. Be good to get some more opinions.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've just been told by 'er indoors' that 'repairing your stupid car is stopping us re-decorating the dining room'

As I detest decorating, I'll take that as a positive.

·
11,780 Posts
Yep, its glow plugs and / or relay. Fit new plugs, clean up the relay and replace if the fault reappears.

The intermittent one could be because the filter is blocked. No point replacing the MAF if the regen fail is causing the error.

This is the problem when blindly following fault codes.

I've now fixed two ABS "failures" because of a bad contact or dirty fuse in the fuse box where a garage wanted to fit a new ABS unit.

And I've mentioned before where the AA said a 306 needed a new high pressure fuel pump because diagnostics brought up a fault code relating to it, when all it was was a sticking lift pump in the tank.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I'm getting these fitted tomorrow by my works mechanic (I'm very very lucky in that respect), he's familiar with Citroen diesels as they are our company cars and has done this job before, knows his stuff and has never broke one off in the head when removing!. He has some on the shelf but if they don't fit then I will get from GSF, tenner each and are just across the road from us. I'm fairly confident this will sort the issue but if not I may have to get it removed/ remapped out as a last resort. Still running OK, I will get back with results (good or bad) and once again thanks to Colin, Jack and Gibbo for the help and advice. This forum is a godsend.

PS Jack I may be back for another scan if unsuccessful if OK.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts