Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm guessing no one has done this on here, looks like im the guinea pig then, new shelf ordered from breakers... As Clarkson would say "How hard can it be?" lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay so after a hard slog with my Ebay supplier i have finally got the replacement part to fix the shelf. They listed the item for me after I sent them a photo of it, then only sent 1 piece of it, which was the part I already had, then tried to get me to pay another £60 for the other piece. After threatening them with a report to ebay they finally sent it out FOC but with no fixings bolts to attach the two pieces. I have had to buy fixings for it which i am getting from dealer tomorrow which cost £26 which is only supplied as a kit of 6 bolts and clips. So this weekend I shall attempt to fit it to the car. If I manage to to do it successfully I will post pictures in the hope it might help an other member out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so picked up the fixings today, picture attached incase anyone needs the part number (8494 38) or wanders what they look like, there are 4 large and two smaller ones. They appear to be dealer only and you can only buy them as a full pack which cost £26.23.

I will wait until the weekend to fit as the light dwindles very early.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So hopefully this shows how I managed to attach the missing part of my shelf.
It took me longer to get the images to a size to upload so hope you can see them okay.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not the most comprehensive post but it might help someone else who, buys a car out with this part missing like I did. :eek:

Replacing the whole thing would be easy too as it it just one more fixing on either side, although there is a cable that would need attaching but cant see that being difficult.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts