Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I wonder if someone can help,I am experiencing a hesitation/flat spot when accelerating,I press down on the pedal and it seems to falter,just yesterday it almost cut out! before accelerating normally,l have replaced plugs air filter,and previously water temperature sensors,their are no faults stored when scanned,I was thinking the coil pack could be faulty,can find no air leaks,I am sure this type of problem has happened before ,anyone any suggestions?don't want to keep changing parts if someone has an answer to this problem,the car is a 2003 ,307 with the 8 valve 1.4 petrol engine,cheers in advance

·
12,659 Posts
Maybe a bit of electrical contact cleaner on the pedal connector?

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
183 Posts
Based on what you have, no error codes and flat spot.

Can I suggest looking for an air leak (again) anywhere after the mass air flow meter.

It really does not take much for 1.4l to struggle, first thing I would try is replacing the o-ring(s) on the dip stick, these often get missed even by mechanics and can produce random flat spots to reoccurring flat spots after warm up or all the time flat spots (rarely).

PCV valve is the next thing I would look at, inclusive of the pipework. The PCV valve is a one way check valve. They themselves can get blocked open or closed, or just blocked. Don't bother servicing them, throw away, get new one if there is problem. Pipework can get blocked, can normally clean this.

Hope you find this helpful.

PS: coil packs normally throw errors, just like sensors, and just like most electronics if there are problems with themselves or what they're measuring.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Try checking your crank sensor..they're a known fault on the 1.6hdi, not sure about the 1.4 though.
But they give a similar power drop/bucking feeling when they are on the way out.
Worth a look anyway

Sent from my M2011K2G using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts