Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typical isnt it, on holiday from work this week go out this morning, jump in the car turn the key and clik......................flat feckin battery.
Called RAC and sat here waiting for them.
Pretty sure this battery is only a couple of years old so should be still under guarantee, but we'll see

J

·
0 Posts
Is definitely a flat battery.... not something else preventing it from starting?

·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
assuming battery. turn key, cliks and dash goes out, interior light dims to nothing.
RAC be here soon so time will tell

·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep its the battery :D:D
Only 18 months old as well :eek:but came with a 4 year guarentee:thumb:
guess where im off to

C

·
0 Posts
Halfords :lol: I got one of their silver bosche batteries and not a complaint :lol:
Years ago bosch started doing batteries that came with lifetime warranty, needless to say they soon realised that was a bad business move.

·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Halfords :lol: I got one of their silver bosche batteries and not a complaint :lol:
up until today i didnt have a complaint about my battery neither :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trem your sure theirs not a draw on the battery (boot light) staying on ?
yea RAC man did loads of checks with gadgets and in sleep mode there was NO drain on the battery, did a few other checks and 2 machines said 'CHANGE THE BATTERY' so guessing its definately the batterty

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Thats where economy mode comes into its own ,if theres a draw on the battery it`ll save the battery , don`t you just love that economy mode :lol::lol:

·
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats where economy mode comes into its own ,if theres a draw on the battery it`ll save the battery , don`t you just love that economy mode :lol::lol:
so why didnt it save mine then :nono::nono:

J

·
0 Posts
If yours didn't have any power drain, there is nothing for it to detect, switch off, and protect.... just a duff battery it seems.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Economy mode does not stop your battery going flat if car is left with for example lights on. Try put your Park lights on lock your car and battery will be dead in the morning. It happened to me , it's great for preventing you from listening to the radio after 20 min but not so good when it should be required

·
Registered
821 Posts
And so it seams, for me economy mode kicks in soon as i put my key in. Manual says that its supposed to do that when battery is low. I'm just waiting to have it go puff one morning. :)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Economy mode does not stop your battery going flat if car is left with for example lights on. Try put your Park lights on lock your car and battery will be dead in the morning. It happened to me , it's great for preventing you from listening to the radio after 20 min but not so good when it should be required
i left my car last winter when it was snowing really badly in the yorkshire moors, ontop of a hill, in the middle of nowhere...with its hazards flashing for 11-12 hours....started first time.

i did change the battery afterwards to a heavy duty silver calcium bosch battery :thumb:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I left my hazards on for about the same time on a 206 a few years ago and no flat battery either. It does not have Eco mode, so hazards must not draw much current

1 - 17 of 17 Posts