Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i am looking for a little help/advise.
my wife has a 307 hdi xsi all was fine till a week ago. Then she said that the car had lost power.
So i had a drive in it and it was if the turbo is not working at all. Like driveing a none turbo car. There are no lights on the dash so had the codes read by a friend. And her they are.
stored codes
p0490
p2562
p1351
p0401

pending codes
p2562
p1351
p0299

My m8 removed the egr valve and there was a blanking plate in there. But he says that the valve could be stuck open.

Any help would be great as the wife is being a pain in the ass.
And i want my car back.

I must say the car drives fine its just got no power.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for quick reply.
Its a 55 plate 2.0hdi xsi 136bhp model.
i will put the codes in now thanks

C

·
0 Posts
No if it's the engine I suspect you leave egr plugged in and working and slip the plate in before the egr.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so i have put the codes in and this is what i came up with.
stored codes
p0490 egr valve
p2562 wast gate
p1351 pre post heating
p0401 egr flow insufficient

C

·
0 Posts
I'd say the middle two are your main issue.
Cos of the P1351 you need to have the dpf looked at with diagnostic equip (planet)
Egr probably faulty but never seen this case major issues and last code will be due to it been blanked.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have the same model.
Mine has P1351 (and has had for at least 30k miles) and it appears to be regenerating ok. I have some plugs but are a pain to fit.
I have blanked off my EGR with a plate left it connected and no warnings at all.

I would check for vacuum leak with planet. I knocked a pipe off mine once and it was flat as a fart. (not sure what codes it threw)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is that the pipes at the front of the engine on the left hand side. Are there about 4 small pipes coming out of it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Is that the pipes at the front of the engine on the left hand side. Are there about 4 small pipes coming out of it.
The one I knocked off was (looking from the front) at the back left just out of sight but there are loads on these cars most down the back of the engine. You should be able to tell in diagbox live data if there is a vacuum leak. I aren't sure exactly where maybe somebody could verify it. If you cant find reference data put on here what you can I can reference it to mine.

The waste gate isn't easy to check manually I believe its easier to take the engine out to get at the turbo on these :eek:

·
Registered
369 Posts
What did you check the codes with? If it wasn't Diagbox (don't think planet works on these) you may get false readings.
If you are keeping the car buy one yourself will save you money as I said can cross reference live data with mine and vice versa :thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hi my m8 got the codes with his laptop and a usb elm327 connecter. dont know
what software he used i will ask him.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dont understand what the glow plugs have to do with the turbo not boosting.
Anyone explane. Glow plugs are to start the car arnt they. Once car is running you dont need them. Or do you.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts