Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the thread on owners who have had problems with their temp light gauge red light flashing, I am now very concerned and need some expert advice.

It all started when I switched off my ignition 3 days ago and my radio and lights stayed on, despite pulling out key.

So I disconnected battery, re-set it and everything was fine (or so I thought)

The second day I couldn't get my windscreen wash to work for about an hour and then all of a sudden it now works......

Today, I start my car and my temp gauge red light is flashing.

Coolant level is fine, car is not overheating, but after reading what I have read, I am now very concerned that I have washer pump and ecu issues which in other members cases have turned into much more serious issues with water leaking up the wiring looms.

Could anybody please advise?

·
Registered
870 Posts
seen the radio staying on thing on other cars before, either the ignition barrel releasing key a tad early or more likely the switch at the back of the ignition sticking slightly,
try a bsi reset first.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hope the washer leak and ecu issues is not the cause here, check out the ecu and loom if there are corrosion and any leak signal, if it's clean you can discard this problem.

For some 207 engines also a problem is common for thermostat housing, the model with integrated sensor sometimes failed. Changing it for a new designed housing solves the problem. Could be your case.

Hope it helps, cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope the washer leak and ecu issues is not the cause here, check out the ecu and loom if there are corrosion and any leak signal, if it's clean you can discard this problem.

For some 207 engines also a problem is common for thermostat housing, the model with integrated sensor sometimes failed. Changing it for a new designed housing solves the problem. Could be your case.

Hope it helps, cheers

Had car looked at today and water has been found in the fusebox, along with corrosion.

They have advised me that the fusebox will be changed, but is there anything else I need to let the garage know about?

I'm guessing (from reading) that the water has somehow come from the washer pump and got into it that way, but I am now concerned that JUST changing the fusebox, won't solve any wiring or ecu issues, as surely if water has travelled down the wiring, will I have further problems?

Any more advice, would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
134 Posts
On my 207 the water from the leaking washer pump only went to the fuse box and not the ECU. I did have the engine bay main wiring loom replaced though because the connectors on the wiring loom that plug into the fuse box were badly damaged / corroded. I've written about it on the forums several times. I'll place a link below to save me typing it all again.

Here is a link where I described what happened on my 207. I did have the flashing red light on the temperature gauge by the way. The more serious errors appeared about 2 weeks after that red light started flashing...............

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/207-36/207-washer-not-working-long-story-help-187025/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had car back today and it was the washer pump, so all been replaced and everything is fixed.

The one final question I have (hopefully somebody can explain why)

Why did my car feel lumpy and a bit twitchy when cold and now runs like a dream, like a new car?

I just can't get my head around how water in my fusebox and a washer pump seal leaking, can somehow make the car run better?

If anyone knows or could explain why, it would be interesting to find out.

Cheers for all the advice/help by the way!!!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Just a guess, but perhaps it started with just a little water in the fusebox, which affected the ignition timing, but, when the heat from the engine got to it, it evaporated and all was well.

Now you have no water in the fusebox, so all is well, even with a cold engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts