Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have mentioned this in another thread but I went off on a tangent. I have a 2010 1.6 hdi sport 5008 that has recently been diagnosed with 2(minimum) burned valves, I have neither the money nor the inclination to sort this out and have been offered a very reasonable 1500 pound to sell the car as is. Trouble is I agreed the sale saying the engine ran(explained the problems) and would go in to gear. Since having the cams off and going back together the car now shows a gearbox fault.

What I would lie advice on is likely causes and fixes for this please... The only different things since being put back together are that I have broken the hose coming off the vacuum pump(is the Bosch one with only one connection) and the battery may be lowish due to repeated starting and short running times. Thanks in advance.

Kris
I am in Lancashire if anyone near has a reader

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Won't the chap accept the car with the faults at the agreed price?
I agree the broken vac hose should not affect the gearbox as its operates via electric motors. Likely you now have a fault with the gearbox as a battery issue would reveal itself first with the airbag warning light being lit as the airbag ecu needs to be assured of sufficient volts to operate the system in the event of an accident.
Best take what you can for it as motorised gearbox faults can be expensive to fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. It won't go In to gear at all which makes no sense because that area hasn't been touched since driving it on to the drive at home. Can anyone advise why my vacuum hose has a t piece and then 1 going off onto master and one somewhere else?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Other branch of vac goes to control turbo boost plus a number of other functions on the engine depending on how its configured EGR etc. Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery may be a very temporary fix for the gearbox but you must follow the correct procedure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts