Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As you can see from the title im fitting a reverse camera except I'm unsure what colour the reverse light wire is.
Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you in advance.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The wiring block that goes to the rear lamp cluster , put the ignition on and make sure it's in reverse and ensure no side lights , brake lights etc are on.

Get a power probe and probe each connector terminal to see which one is the positive feed (red light on probe) . When you find it take note of which wire that it was and leaving the ignition on take the gear selector out of reverse and re probe the same wire , it should now be a negative (green light on probe)

There you have it , takes seconds :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply but i'm really just looking for someone to say red,blue,green ect so i dont need to mess about, surely somebody else must have done this.:nono:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all again,

I'm now sorted the reverse wire is brown if anybody else wishes to have a go installing a camera or sensors.
It was pot luck for me looked at the cluster wires on both sides and saw only 1 brown wire so thought why not try it - this was after going to local dealer this morning who told me that he would have to hook it up to find out, cost £60, after asking him why he needed to hook it up to tell me the colour of a wire he said it was the only way to find out.
I suggested to him that i'm sure one of his fellow mechanics could probably tell me of the top of his head since they had a big sign offering after sales extras such as front and rear sensors for ££££sss.
After the confused look from him I then told him thank you and goodbye as he would not be seeing me in 6 months for my full service and check before the warranty expires and first MOT. He looked :mad: and I looked :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I guess this is an old thread but was wondering how did you manage to attach the positive wire to the brown wire? And is the black wire attached to the earth screw???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reverse light wiring colours

I have just done this job, not fitting a camera but reversing sensors, on my 2012 107. After some testing I found the Green/Brown wire position 4 in the block and the Red wire position 2 were the correct combination.

I know that a lot of people mount these within the black bumper trim however I went for just above spraying base and clear coat.

The operation is good, as too is the colour match.

Hope this helps others

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/38464937006/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts