Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have fitted sensors into the black bar, inserted cables into the boot, and am now looking to connect to reversing lamp wire.

I am almost certain I have seen somewhere on here that the wire to connect to on the loom is the white one. Am I correct in thinking this, as I don't want to cut into a wrong wire !
Thanks

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
what i did when fitting an aftermarket reversing sensor kit to my focus. i got under the car and disconnected the reversing light harness which was also the fog light harness...that way you know you cant go wrong then :lol:

C

·
0 Posts
Very tempted to do this on my 407sw do the sensors have to be exactly placed or can they just be there or there abouts the wife wants them on her passat but im too scared to try on hers first as she loves that thing more than me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very tempted to do this on my 407sw do the sensors have to be exactly placed or can they just be there or there abouts the wife wants them on her passat but im too scared to try on hers first as she loves that thing more than me
Fairly easy to fit to 307cc as there is a bar ready to be drilled, so measuring the bumper so that the sensors are centralised is probably a bit more daunting I suppose. I have seen suggestions that you would need to apply some sticky tape before drilling though, so as the drill bit won't slide before it bites in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what i did when fitting an aftermarket reversing sensor kit to my focus. i got under the car and disconnected the reversing light harness which was also the fog light harness...that way you know you cant go wrong then :lol:
Thanks John,

Have thought about that as the plug is right next to a earthing point as well. Might connect up tomorrow

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right then, for anyone interested in the future, it is the white wire in the loom that is situated just to the bottom left side of the boot opening. There are two white so just take your pick as one is power to the reversing light and the other is return.
All connected and working perfect. Not bad for a set from ebay at £12.99 plus 99p postage !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts