Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

my car have rd4 without mp3. so i decided to find stereo for the car from peugeot. i found one used in 208. brand new. and for only 18$. anyway i put the stereo and its working. but i found two problem. first only two speakers work the front one. rear no sound. second the lcd screen in the stereo keep light on without show any information. just back light and the make car go to economy mode to save power.. is there anyway to pass these problems. any solution.
note: picture of stereo in attachment
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
That looks suspiciously like an after market stereo which needs the switched live connecting to a different connector in the plug. If you haven't needed tp reprogram the VIN to the stereo then it is NOT a genuine factory supplied head unit. As for only two speakers - it's quite possible that either the unit only has two channels or the fader is set to just the front speakers. That is assuming your car does have rear speakers fitted. Not all Peugeots left the factory with rear speakers and considering you haven't said which car you have there is no way of us knowing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine has 4 speaker configuration , and work well with rd4 , my car 307 and that's why i post in this forum .

i think two speaker just working cuz there is deference in wire configuration between these two headset , but my biggest problem is lcd light keep on even the stereo is off and make the car goes to economy mode ,

about VIN i cant put it as the car ecu wont recognized the stereo and beep goes once i clear fault code , i tried with daigbox

i have question not related to this , my car average mpg around 24 mpg . is that normal with 307 1.6cc automatic gearbox ??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts