Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 407 Zenith and would like to fit the mesh sports grille onto it. Does anyone know if this is a straight forward job without having to modify the car at all. I was hoping it would just be a straight swap for the plastic grille that it has at present but things are never usually that easy.

Thanks,
Brian.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I emailed the Peugeot garage and they came back saying it is a direct replacement for the plastic grille and its just held on with some clips whereas when I called them and they said I'd probably need to remove the bumper to fit it.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Brian.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here it is fitted:-

To completely remove the old one and fit this you would need to remove the front bumper but I have just fitted this on top of the original one for now. I had to take a few bits of plastic trim under the bonnet off and also the front badge etc to get this on but it seemed to work well. It also seems to give the mesh some support having the old grille behind it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You can get them from peugeot dealers (£212 fitted!) or I bought mine from ebay for £60 delivered and spent a few mins fitting it myself.

When I was in the peugeot dealership recently I had a look at some cars in there with mesh grilles on them and they had been fitted the same way I did mine ie ontop of the original.

Brian.

·
Registered
7 Posts
407 SP Sports Grille

* * * YOU DO NOT REMOVE THE ORIGINAL PLASTIC GRILLE * * *
Do not allow any dealer to tell you they need to remove the front bumper - they do not. The SP Aluminium Grille simply pushes in from the front, and is held in place by metal clips that clamp in behind the opening in the bumper where the grille fits, it's a bit fiddly to explain, but honestly, if you get one you'll see, it's dead simple, all the clips are already fitted to the grille, all you have to fit is the SP badge, (2 x 6mm bolts), other than that it really is a case of remove from box, offer to the car, push in place, stand back, admire! lol. Instructions are supplied anyway. :) You do not need to remove ANY parts from the car at all to fit this grille.
You also get an Allen key to remove the SP Grille - Why? IMPORTANT - keep this in your car at all times. If you ever need to screw the towing attachment into the front of the car, you will have to remove the SP Grille to do so. :eek:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Guy I bought it from on ebay who is a peugeot dealer told me the bumper had to come off. I called dealers I bought car from and they said the same. But like I said above I just put it on top of the plastic grille and the dealers who told me the bumper had to come off had done it the same way!!!!

Turns out just a few mins job to get it fitted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys glad to see you all found the over grill for my silver 407 .Iam having trouble trying to find one on ebay that is silver there all black and come from USA for 60 pounds pluss 20 post is that where you all got yours from thanks keith:nod:

·
5,102 Posts
deadmansfinger said:
Guy I bought it from on ebay who is a peugeot dealer told me the bumper had to come off. I called dealers I bought car from and they said the same. But like I said above I just put it on top of the plastic grille and the dealers who told me the bumper had to come off had done it the same way!!!!

Turns out just a few mins job to get it fitted.

it appears it quite easy to remove as well,especially if you want the more classy chrome strips:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts