Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking to fit cruise control to my 307 but am unsure what I need to do. I have read some of the threads which seem to indicate that I just need a cruise control stalk, is this correct. I own a 2005 (55 plate) 307 SE. If I do just need the stalk does anyone know what part number it is and where I could get one?

On another note I was also wanting upgrade my rd4 so that I can use bluetooth. What additional parts do I need for this and is it something that can be fitted by myself?

D

·
0 Posts
They are all the same. One from a 407 should do. It needs to be turned on in BSI and engine ecu.

This is officailly not allowed. I've heard it has been done!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am assuming that that would be done using peugeot planet 2000 in which case I will have to contact the dealership and get a price.

Thanks for your help.:thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Further to my original post:

I have now checked my stearing column and there is a port (not sure if thats the correct word for it) for the cruise control stalk to fit into which is a good sign. I have found a stalk from a 2002 307 that I am thinking of buying but not sure if it will be compatable anyone able to advise? the stalk is not the limiter version.

also is there anyone in the Wirral/Liverpool area that would be willing to activate it in the bsi etc??

Thanks in advance

Gav

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks very much Stubbo I will drop him a pm.

I have contacted my local peugeot dealer and priced a new stalk (£45 + vat) so think I will order one tomorrow. I called another local dealership yesterday and was advised that there is more to adding the cruise control than just adding a stalk and then activating it.........we shall see :lol:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thanks very much Stubbo I will drop him a pm.

I have contacted my local peugeot dealer and priced a new stalk (£45 + vat) so think I will order one tomorrow. I called another local dealership yesterday and was advised that there is more to adding the cruise control than just adding a stalk and then activating it.........we shall see :lol:
Go for the stalk "without the speed limiter" and it should work o.k.
If you fit the stalk with speed limiter you will need to add another switch to your accelerator pedal.
I have fitted cruise control on a 407 with no issues...:)
Ron.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Part has now been ordered and should be with me on Friday/saturday.

Does anyone know the options that I will need to select on PP2000 in order to activate?

thanks again for all the help :yourock:

·
11,780 Posts
Good stuff, you've got my number so give me a bell when you've got the stuff. I'm in Wales Saturday afternoon (an official tour of Gwyrch Castle!) but should be around the rest of the weekend.

·
Registered
488 Posts
This is what i reconfigured when i fitted the C/control to my 407...;)
Ron.

1)Global Test
2)Engine ecu
3)Configuration..once in the Configuration menu scroll down untill you see Cruise control..it will display "absent"..change this to "Present"..press F5 to configure.
it should display "Configuration carried Out"

Come back out of the engine ecu and select Bsi...
1)Select "configuration."
2)Select "Customer options"
3)Select "miscellaneous"
4)Scroll down untill you see "Presence and type of cruise control/speed limiter" it should say "value invalid" select this...
5)In this menu i selected "with type 2.2 cruise control and without speed limiter"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Gibbo I will give you a buzz once I have got the part to arrange a time thats good for you.

Cheers Ron I will check the options that you have given.

J

·
0 Posts
In what way is this a "how to guide" ?

----

Anyway glad you sorted mate, cruise control is mint :D

·
11,780 Posts
Well Gav has been round and was very patient while for some reason I had to reactivate my Planet software. :mad:

Anyway, we got connected OK (although Planet confirmed his VIN but never asked for the two digit door code?).

We found the configuration option for cruise control and changed it from "Missing" to "Present" only to have a "Programming Error" when we pressed F5 to configure.

Any ideas guys? The cruise control part was fitted to the steering column OK.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Well Gav has been round and was very patient while for some reason I had to reactivate my Planet software. :mad:

Anyway, we got connected OK (although Planet confirmed his VIN but never asked for the two digit door code?).

We found the configuration option for cruise control and changed it from "Missing" to "Present" only to have a "Programming Error" when we pressed F5 to configure.

Any ideas guys? The cruise control part was fitted to the steering column OK.
Check battery power , or run car for 10 minutes before trying again, power goes from battery to BSI to each ECU , sometimes a weak battery can stop it configure.

·
11,780 Posts
Cheers, will give that a go. Gav I'm free tomorrow and Friday similar sort of times if that's good for you? I'll come down to you though if you like.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Gibbo,

Sorry I have only just realised that there has been replied to your query. I am available most night so whenever is best for you? Also I dont mind whether i come to yours again or vice versa.

Thanks
Gav

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay,

Cruise control has now been succesfully activated and has worked on a quick test run however I am getting the following error when I decrease speed:

'Speed control system faulty'

I know that cruise control isn't designed to work at low speeds however when I incease my speed and try to activate it again it just comes up with the same error message and can not be reactivated. Once the engine has been switched off and back on again the cruise control can then be activated again.

anyone had this problem or know how to fix it???

1 - 20 of 37 Posts