Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have recently acquired a 52 (2003) 307 Estate 2.0hdi 90 and i believe its the S box standard model.

I have already fitted a few thing including trip computer etc

Now I'm in the process of fitting Auto wipers. I have the sensor that was removed from a C5 (the round 3 wire type) and was working at the time. i have now fitted the sensor to the Peugeot and activated the auto wipe function with Peugeot Planet but straight away get "Auto Wiper Fault" on dash. Any ideas if i need anything else?

PP says cannot communicate with the sensor? i thought i may need a fuse but no mention of this anywhere, or is the C5 sensor just not compatible? or possibly broken during the change over :/

Thanks for looking,
Mark

·
Registered
69 Posts
i was thinking about putting auto wipers on my 307, but the mrs wasnt happy about having to lean right over from the passenger seat to turn them on....she said my right hand fingers were only about 2centimeters away and as i was a big boy i could do it myself :p

i dont understand auto lights that turn on when you drive under a bridge or wipers that turn on and smear the screan after a few raindrops............other things like cruise controll etc ok i get that but auto lights and auto wipers???????????? come on :p what is it???????? please take away every mental thought i may have while driving and just let me fall asleep do every mortal thing for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just like the "extras" ;)

As far as I'm aware they don't have an ecu, could be wrong though..

·
Registered
424 Posts
i was thinking about putting auto wipers on my 307, but the mrs wasnt happy about having to lean right over from the passenger seat to turn them on....she said my right hand fingers were only about 2centimeters away and as i was a big boy i could do it myself :p

i dont understand auto lights that turn on when you drive under a bridge or wipers that turn on and smear the screan after a few raindrops............other things like cruise controll etc ok i get that but auto lights and auto wipers???????????? come on :p what is it???????? please take away every mental thought i may have while driving and just let me fall asleep do every mortal thing for me
they just look BO$$ :cool:

·
Registered
402 Posts
If your cars DAM number is 9582 (built date 2 feb. 2003) or lower you need the round sensor, if it's higher you need the Square one, but you should be able to see it on the connector, when you found the wires under the roof lining, there should be two sets of wires, one for the sensor and one for the automatic dimming rearview mirror, if both connectors have three wires you need the round one, if one of the connectors have four wires you need the square.

Holt

·
Registered
741 Posts
i dont understand auto lights that turn on when you drive under a bridge or wipers that turn on and smear the screan after a few raindrops
I quite like both.
The auto wipers aren't that sensitive, but having the frequency of wipe adjust according to how much rain is falling is quite handy. It actually reduces the amount of time the windscreen is wiped when it doesn't need to be, so reduces the smearing you're on about.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I quite like both.
The auto wipers aren't that sensitive, but having the frequency of wipe adjust according to how much rain is falling is quite handy. It actually reduces the amount of time the windscreen is wiped when it doesn't need to be, so reduces the smearing you're on about.

ahh ok thanks for explaining that i assumed they would kick in when the first few drops hit when there isnt enough water on the screen to clear

·
Registered
190 Posts
Don't you need a windscreen that detects the water? I was going to do the same to my 307cc but £360 for a rain detect windscreen was a bit too much.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The windscreen will need mounting brackets for the sensor, but if you are a bit handy you can release them from a scrap car and glue them to the old screen. I got a couple of emptied glue cartridges from the windscreen company where I bought the new gel pad that are needed to make a perfect contact with the screen, there was just enough glue to mount the bracket when I cut the cartridges open, and I got them for free :lol:

Holt

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yeah, the windscreen has the mounts but you should be able to get away without.
I've got the plastic trim for the sensor and the auto-dimming rear view mirror on the 307 in the garage, bought it to do the upgrade on the ex's car but as we're not together any more it didn't happen.:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts