Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of fitting my aftermarket kenwood cd player in my car as i dnt think the original very good, I was told it can mess quite abit up on the computer display, can any1 share any light on this? is it easy to fit 1 and is there anything i need to do so i dont mess things up. thank you

·
Registered
320 Posts
The problem with fitting an after market stereo is that you lose the radio station info on the mfd,but then again you'll have it on the new radios display.Your mfd will still show temp and so on.....also you may lose the use of your steering wheel stalk,but i believe their are wiring looms than can help with this but have heard it can get expensive,if your having problems with your radio,e.g if its broken i'd replace it with a newer peugeot model and have someone with pp to sync it to your car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just dont find it very loud tbh, apart from that its ok, maybe just change the speakers in doors will help instead of replacing head unit

·
Registered
176 Posts
I replaced mine no problem, I fitted a sony with blue tooth (for my phone).
All MFD info works: Trip comp, Temp, etc works but you have no radio info.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
you can get the stalk to work i got one that works on the alpine its just a box that plugs in an you can use your factory stalk i got it for £10 from a local car forum so its best to check round also try ebay :thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
for a 307 with kenwood aftermarket you will need:

pc99-x44
pc99-ken

i would make sure your aftermarket headunit is remote commander/steering control capable.

as others have said, you will just loose the radio station/track info on the mfd but is shown on the headunit display.

the mfd will display trip info (if activatated), time, temp.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, and john cheers, my kenwood doesnt seem to have the imput for that cable for working with the stalk, i think i might find a new aftermarket that has this so i can get it right the first time as i hate messin with head units, once its in its in and not coming out lol.
any recommendations for a head unit? nothing to pricey
thanks all

·
Registered
15 Posts
When the manufacturer's stereo is replaced with another system (e.g. Kenwood, Alpine etc) will the MFD still display MPG information, miles travelled, miles left in the tank etc?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
thanks guys, and john cheers, my kenwood doesnt seem to have the imput for that cable for working with the stalk, i think i might find a new aftermarket that has this so i can get it right the first time as i hate messin with head units, once its in its in and not coming out lol.
any recommendations for a head unit? nothing to pricey
thanks all
i have had no problems with my sony headunit:thumb:...thinking about selling it to be honest...but will be looking for about £80-£100. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
When the manufacturer's stereo is replaced with another system (e.g. Kenwood, Alpine etc) will the MFD still display MPG information, miles travelled, miles left in the tank etc?
yeah definately...only thing that is not shown is track info and radio station

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
those blue lights on dash and console look well nice, is it easy to do this? also i have climate control so could that go blue too?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i take it you went to piccys :lol: yeah they are relatively easy, if your handy with a soldering iron. depends which climate control you have...if you have the 3 dials, we are working on it. if its the one with the screen then yes you can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hysteria....

the local stereo centre fitted a bt3800 to our pug and cant seem to show display properly, just has the clock flashing the wrong time and as i have a mfd with one button i cant change the time, the mpg etc info is behind so if i could fix the time i'm sure it would solve the probllem, after taking car back to bloke who fitted it he rang pug centre and they said there was nothing they could do.

can u remember what kit u fitted??

cheers in advance m8.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Issues after fitting aftermarket headunit!! 207

Hello everyone, it has been a while since I've fitted an android headunit to my 207 Oxigo. The unit itself works about fine, canbus comunications, stereowheel working most of the time and functions, the main issue it brought me is that once installed it switched my trip computer on the dash from Mph to Kph because of the can bus adapter coming with the unit. Do you have any idea of how to switch it back to Mph and still use the radio as I am now?

Another issue it came once I installed that airbag light came on because I had to disconnect the plug behind the trip computer above the fans, so no more seat bealt indication etc. I think this is also the issue for the Mph because if both plugged it flashes Mph/Kph. I had to switch all functions off on Peugeot planet. But now i'm walking in the dark as I don't know what else to do.

Thanks in advance for your replies

·
Registered
365 Posts
I suggest a new thread rather than opening one that has been dead for over 6 years. It will be a pain for people who read it all but do not notice the date. It is a waste of your time and other peoples.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts