1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

I have seen these in halfords and maplin and the kit doesn't look too bad tbh

my only question is.
They all say the turn on automatically when reverse is selected.

is this switched VIA the reverse light cable?
and is it ok the solder/splice into the reverse light cable?
so when reverse is selected I then get power to the parking sensors?

I didn't know if I would get various can bus faults if I start hacking into light cluster wires.

my car is a '06 peugeot 307 sw 1.6 hdi 90bhp

many thanks you

kevin

·
Registered
126 Posts
I did it on mine with no problems but I don't know if it's a can bus system. Connected on the (+) wire on the plug of the reverse bulb and earthed the (-) it on the body.

A cheap chinese electromagnetic one....(the one that you do not need to drill any holes)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Thankyou

will anyone know if it will affect my electrics on my 2006 307 1.6 hdi??

as I really want to buy the kit in halfords, but not sure if my car will throw a wobbly.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I fitted a kit onto my 2006 1.6 HDi facelift full can without any issues. Wired it into the positive feed for the reversing light bulb and fastened the control box behind the trim near to the rear wheel arch.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a 2007 1.6 hdi 307 facelift and wired my reverse sensor kit into the reversing light live feed and have never had a problem also.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Can anyone who is doing this or has done it confirm a couple of things;

1) Are you saying you are taking the full power feed from reverse light - not just a trigger.
2) What the rated power is of the reverse sensor unit?

I'm considering adding a slim led bar to rear as an auxillary reverse lamp and would like to know if I can safely add another 10w to the circuit or if I should add via a relay. I know I could always remove std reverse lamp or fit led bulb but I wouldn't want to rely on that always being the case.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I know the reversing light is not much good, I tried led bulbs but still not bright enough.

So I jumped on eBay, spent £6.99 on super bright daylight running lights, fitted one to the rear bumper just under the reg plate, just drilled a 3mm hole for the cable, connected it to the reverse light connection, WOW, can see everything now.

And still have a spare. :thumb:

·
Registered
548 Posts
I know the reversing light is not much good, I tried led bulbs but still not bright enough.

So I jumped on eBay, spent £6.99 on super bright daylight running lights, fitted one to the rear bumper just under the reg plate, just drilled a 3mm hole for the cable, connected it to the reverse light connection, WOW, can see everything now.

And still have a spare. :thumb:
Do you have a link to the ones you used? Mine is a sw so was thinking a strip mounted low near towbar.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Can anyone who is doing this or has done it confirm a couple of things;

1) Are you saying you are taking the full power feed from reverse light - not just a trigger.
2) What the rated power is of the reverse sensor unit?

I'm considering adding a slim led bar to rear as an auxillary reverse lamp and would like to know if I can safely add another 10w to the circuit or if I should add via a relay. I know I could always remove std reverse lamp or fit led bulb but I wouldn't want to rely on that always being the case.
1. Yes
2. No idea

Relay is always a good idea, but 10w is too little to produce any problems. At least that is what I believe, correct me if I'm wrong.....

·
Registered
548 Posts
but 10w is too little to produce any problems. At least that is what I believe, correct me if I'm wrong.....

Just knowing how the bsi can be a bit picky at times Im a little hesitant.

This is why I'm curious about those who have fitted a parking sensor unit and what power it is rated at. If if keep the aux lamp under that then it shouldn't be a big problem.

Possibly thiking about one or two of these and mounting in bumper. Possibly paint the surround the same as the car.

2x 9W LED Back Up DRL Daytime Running Radar Eagle Eye Reverse Light White 12V UK | eBay

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have to agree with you, and to be honest I am considering the same, 307's reverse light is a joke.

If you want to be on the safe side, then take the trigger from the reverse cable, and pass it through a relay which of course means that you need to pull a cable from the battery to the back of the car.

On the other hand you could temporarily fit a 25w simple 12v bulb( leds are both 18w as per your link) and see how things are going....or just simply remove the reverse bulb after you install the leds...

The parking sensor I installed is of very little consumption as it seems (50-500mA), and the bsi is not acting on me....

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
As far as I can remember, the reverse sensor kits I fitted took the power for the control box directly from the reverse light 12v positive feed and didn't have any kind of trigger. No idea what their current draw was but the dash mounted display had it's own 12v supply which I took from the aux power socket by the gearstick. Unless you get a parking sensor kit with a large current draw then you should be ok tapping into the revers light feed but as for an LED strip as an extra reversing light, I've not tried this so cannot advise one way or the other.

·
Registered
213 Posts
or just simply remove the reverse bulb after you install the leds...
I agree with gepol, I removed the bulb, all's worked fine for the last 3 yrs.

As for the sensors, I have a electromagnetic reversing sensor kit, hoping to fit next week. Will let you know how I get on (and take some picture for info).

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree with gepol, I removed the bulb, all's worked fine for the last 3 yrs.

As for the sensors, I have a electromagnetic reversing sensor kit, hoping to fit next week. Will let you know how I get on (and take some picture for info).
Did you do this?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts