Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps, after 18 months and 90,000 miles of relatively trouble-free motoring, Santa has decided to bring me a flat under-seat subwoofer. The sound system has never been the cars strong point, and hoping to change that soon. The first obstacle I have is that the sub will not go under the seat.....but I have found a home for it on the back of the smaller rear seat (the 40 part not the 60). Extracted the radio only to find no RCA output, but the sub I have has the high input to, thankfully. Noticed though, there is no speakers or wiring in the rear grill, except the wire to the eye-level brake lights. what a bummer!!!.....But have managed quite easily to get the loom for the sub down the left hand side of the floor under the trim. I will be attempting the wire-up tomorrow, and will take pictures and give notes on the procedure of removing the radio, and the wiring colours/locations needed to do this if I am successful. The radio was really easy to remove though. Laugh at it and it fell out!! Hope to post results soon. Happy motoring, Si:thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate by RD4 do you mean the one without the sat nav, in which case yes, I only have the basic active model. will post tomorrow hopefully with a result. Si.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Job Done!!

ok, here we go boys. Job complete after a few struggles. For your info I used the Vibe active 8 flat subwoofer (Halfords £179 but £119 online). I ended up mounting it on the rear of the 60 half of the 40/60 seat because it wouldn't fit comfortably on the other side. You get a wiring loom with it, and you must make sure you earth it well. I drilled a small hole on the underside of the parcel shelf and did it there for ease. The rest of the wires I swept down the passenger side of the car, tucking them under the carpet trims on the nearside. managed to get them all the way to the head unit quite easily. The 12v supply needs to go to the battery, I am fortunate enough to have a 12v supply under my seat as I have a taxi radio fitted. I imagine there is access in the passenger footwell somewhere.

Right, the 2 pairs of speaker wires need to be connected to the speaker outputs on the head unit. After much faffing about I managed to establish the following. as you look at the plug in the back of the header unit the top 2 wires nearest you are left-pink right-white. these are the rear POSITIVES or + speaker connections. The 2 wires directly below the positives are Pink and cream. These are the rear NEGATIVES or - speaker connections. I presume the 4 wires below are the front ones and they run the same way but dont quote me. I managed to strip enough insulation off these to solder the sub feeds on ok, obviously insulating them well afterwards. after a brief test I re-assembled the radio and job done. I have attached some pictures to help, but please post any questions. I really hope this helps, and you are able to do as I did.

Well, the end result was not bad. The bass has been enhanced nicely, without turning my car into a chavmobile! (Bruc Bruc innit bruv). After all, at 50 years of age it doesn't become me!!

You will of course have to adjust your parameters (bass/treble etc) to suit yourself. Bear in mind that you can set them for each source and they stay set differently for each source, which is dead handy. Best of luck. Simon.:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hello
I need the best way to put power cable from battery to amplifier ?
You need to remove the glovebox. You will then be able to trace where the cables pass through the bulkhead from the fuse box to the battery. It is not an easy job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts