Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a lot of threads about this and I'm getting quite confused. We have a 2012/3 308SW 1.6HDi Access (ie a fairly basic model) with an RD4NIM-03 radio. It has no aux sockets in the glove box or anywhere else I can find. I purchased a simple aux cable to fit in it: but when I took the radio out I found that the aux socket already had a plug in it. The plug is obviously factory fit as it goes into the loom with 1 brown & 1 white wire. I have disconnected it and nothing seems not to work but I'm loath to keep disconnected something I don't understand. The space next door to it is, I assume, the place for the CD changer, can I buy a lead or kit that will plug into the CD socket and will give me an aux socket? If so, can anyone recommend one that works (I know that I'll have to activate CD changer to make it work)?
Thanks,
Ian

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got it sorted. The 2 wires in pins 3 (not used) & pin 9 (not used but for a microphone) don't do anything. I removed the pins from the block of my new aux cable and put them in the block attached to the loom, the red wire to pin 4, white wire to pin 10 & black wire to pin 11. I enabled Aux 1 and an ipod plays through the radoi. I also put in a dual USB power socket wired into the power socket in the centre console via a 3A in line fuse. Both the Aux connector and the USB sockets are located on the vertical part of the centre console on the passenger side. A pair of short (50cm) aux & usb leads allow an ipod to be connected and place in the pocket below the radio and a sat nav can be run off the other usb slot without the cable running up round the gear lever and over the radio face.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts