Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Is this a DIY option or best to leave to an experienced mechanic? I can buy an LUK clutch kit for £55, the suppliers say it's a 5.3hr job.

·
5,618 Posts
Which engine some are a lot easier than others. 1.6 vti engine can be a DIY job in less than a day. HDI is a bit tighter and a major job I believe

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I have a 207 1.4HDI and changed the clutch myself. I am not a trained mechanic but am hands on and always take care of my cars oil changes and mechanical issues, so a few weeks ago I attempted this task. It was much more complicated than anticipated.

It’s not easy as the 207 1.4HDI has a very tight engine bay and compact engine.

I can leave here a small description of what I did (a trained mechanic can have some tricks for this procedure to be easier):
1. Removed the battery and tray
2. Removed left side axle
3. If you must remove the gearbox out of the engine bay you have to remove the arm that goes from the subframe to the front bumper. It is a black metal tube that is just below the axle. I did this as I had to clean the gearbox as it was covered in oil and grime.
4. If you don’t have to remove the gearbox out of the engine bay you can separate it from the engine and rest it on top of this black metal tube described above.
5. Remove all the bolts securing the gearbox to the engine and starter as well. On mine there was a tricky bolt just to the side of the catalytic converter. That was a pain to remove as it unscrews to the cat.
6. Replace the old clutch with the new one using a centering tool. I used a 13mm socket (long one) that fitted perfectly on the flywheel and put tape around it to make up for the larger diameter of the clutch disc.
7. Install the clutch casing making sure the clutch disc is centered and then install the gearbox and put everything back together and refill gearbox with appropriate oil.

Of course you have to remove gearbox supports and support the engine and do all sorts of accessory work.

This is just a small description so it doesn’t cover all the steps but you get an idea. Do this at your own risk. If you can spare the money go to a shop to change your clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts