Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems my recently bought 508 didn't come with the tyre pressure sensors, I really like them on my previous 407, I would like to install them on the 508, what do I need?

Thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
you need valves with pressure sensors on your rims and have system enabled with diagbox, assuming it is installed and was just disabled

·
Registered
327 Posts
Does they usually come with the system?
Found it wierd that it didn't had the sensors on the rims, due mine has almost everything.
Do you know for certain that they are not fitted? It may be that they've just been de-activated by a previous owner.
Unless you've had the tyres off the rims, you cant tell just be looking at the valves. The valves on my rims look just like any other rubber tubeless valve, they're not fitted with nuts like the older ones but my car certainly has pressure monitoring.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does they usually come with the system?
Found it wierd that it didn't had the sensors on the rims, due mine has almost everything.
Do you know for certain that they are not fitted? It may be that they've just been de-activated by a previous owner.
Unless you've had the tyres off the rims, you cant tell just be looking at the valves. The valves on my rims look just like any other rubber tubeless valve, they're not fitted with nuts like the older ones but my car certainly has pressure monitoring.
Oh really? Mine looks like that, but when I start the car it doesn't says pressure ok! I'll take to the dealer tomorrow and check thinks around, cuz it either let's me know when a door is open, mine doesn't have the touch screen! But has everything else that allure has.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Oh really? Mine looks like that, but when I start the car it doesn't says pressure ok! I'll take to the dealer tomorrow and check thinks around, cuz it either let's me know when a door is open, mine doesn't have the touch screen! But has everything else that allure has.
Mine doesn't tell me that the tyre pressures are ok when I start the engine either but it does, of course, warn you if the pressure is low.
Press the 'CHECK' button just below the display screen between the instruments. It will then tell you that the tyre pressures are OK, assuming that you have active sensors.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine doesn't tell me that the tyre pressures are ok when I start the engine either but it does, of course, warn you if the pressure is low.
Press the 'CHECK' button just below the display screen between the instruments. It will then tell you that the tyre pressures are OK, assuming that you have active sensors.
I hit check and says when is the maintenance and there is no fault.

But tomorrow at the dealer they'll let me know and maybe update the software cuz I don't get an open door message

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am pretty sure that tpms is a legal requirement in Europe and has been for a few years.

Are your tyre valve stems metal or rubber, metal would indicate that tpms is fitted?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.