Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the basic of this is i have a peugeot 206 HDi Sport (2.0) in reasonable condition 2005 model,

the rear axle was replaced (originally drum) with a disc rear axle. I presume from a different model as the original plugs were the oval type, and the new plugs are the square type.

the owner has cut the car side ABS sensor sockets off and replaced them with the square ones. so everything is wired in (i believe) correctly. - i will check this when my new LEXIA arrives

Now comes the issue.
ABSlight is on on startup constantly, when driven STOP light flashes and handbrake light is on.

I am led to believe that the drum sensors were magnetic ring, the new axle (and brand new ABS sensors) have thetoothed type ring. and i have an ABS/STOP/handbrake fault

I am going to plug it into PP later this week when i get around, but is there any way to change the axle type so the ABS sensor and different ABS ring are recognised or is it a case of fitting new hubs and the original "type" of sensor? if so, is the stub axle for the hub the same?

any other considerations? would love to get the car up and running and save another from Le'scrap man.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think it's quite normal for any car to have a problem with ABS sensor if they replace the original hub with another car's hub. It's because the computer think that there's a big speed difference between front and rear wheel. To solve it probably you need to find ABS ring with the same size and amount of teeth as the original, so the sensor can report the speed as expected by the computer.

Note: I never do this kind of modification, I'm basing this from some youtube videos several years ago, so it's probably not accurate anyway

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the ring's are the same tooth count and diameter between the two. 96poles 80mm ID, vs 48tooth 80mm id. so the pulse recognition should be the same.

i am aware that both the ABS types were fitted to various cars with ABS.. both pre and post CAN BUS (i think that was 2002) so was hoping there would be a setting somewhere in PP2000 or diagbox.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts