Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with the cluctch recently, and I replaced the whole clucth kit including the release kit, now the first gear disengage after acceleration when I press the clutch pedal for shifting up or even without pressing the pedal when I depress the accelerator pedal.
do you think it is enternal gearbox problem or just the stick links to the box?
your interaction is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sounds like the linkage is incorrectly adjusted and not allowing first gear to be fully engaged which will result in it jumping out of gear when taking your foot off the throttle.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like the linkage is incorrectly adjusted and not allowing first gear to be fully engaged which will result in it jumping out of gear when taking your foot off the throttle.
thanks for reply, I tend to believe this opinion, my question is : is this linkage adjustable or I have to replace it also?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sorry never worked on a 406 but most linkages, cable or rod, are adjustable. Don't know where you're located but in the UK the Haynes workshop manual should show you how to carry this out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, after checking the gear shift links, it seems to me that they are the culprits, need to replace them (one long and one short link).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually and for more experience sharing, replacement of link rods did not work, it is still the same way, not much annoying and does not affect the driving but it makes one worry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts