Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'll be collecting my 508 first edition with the 1.6 petrol on the 26th. Just offering this out there if anyone has any questions feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to answer once I've picked it up 馃檪

Registered
I'll be watching this thread with interest. I've not owned a Peugeot before, but I have liked the style of a couple Pininfarina coup茅s: 504 and 406, I think. The 508 has had good write-ups and I'm intrigued. I've not seen one yet available for a test drive, though.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
As mentioned I picked this up today and all round I'm really impressed. I've owned both the new 3008 and 5008 GT models and whilst I liked them there was just something missing.

This is a brilliant car. You've got space for 2 car seats in the back or 3 adults at a push. You won't fit an adult between the car seats in the back.
Plenty of room with the seats set at a normal level ( I'm 6 ft and loads of room for the kids in the back ).

The cruise control and lane keeping assist is another level. Can quite happily leave it to it and it will keep you dead centre of the lane you're in ( obviously don't RELY on it but good if you need to adjust the temp or use the screen ). Combined with the adaptive cruise i found this feature very nice.

The screen is alot faster than in the previous cars mentioned and found it easy enough to use. The massage seats are also easy enough to use although I probably won't be, not the greatest feature lol.

Loads of little spaces to put stuff however be aware there is not a place to put a sim card to add wifi to the car. This needs to be done as a bridge between a separate device and the car.

The Visio park 3 is a very clever system and is far superior to the ones available in the 3008 and 5008. Parked itself first time with absolutely no issues.

The focal surround sound is good and a huge improvement over the standard speakers.

If you guys have any questions please feel free to let me know!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Did you take a test drive, or just take a punt?

If test drive, where?

Thanks. And glad you're enjoying your new car.
I had my eye on the car from when I got the 5008, Figured it would drive quite similar just much smaller. Went to see one to gauge space and whatnot but in the end I purchased it without test driving.

Not many 1st editions available to test unfortunately

Registered
Yeah, that's my colour, as well. Nice looking car.

I was rather hoping to buy a demonstrator. That's how I bought my current car 鈥 almost 30% off list with just 1,700 miles on it. Maybe I'll wait a year. I'm always nervous of buying the first year of a new model...

Registered
The dealer in Morden called to say they have a demonstrator. It's a blue GT model, rather than a First Edition, but I'm guessing the ride would be the same. Trouble is: they are only offering a 20-minute ride around the block. I want to know how the car rides on the motorway and what the seat's like after a couple hours.

So, Xari5008, what's the seat like after a couple hours? :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
The dealer in Morden called to say they have a demonstrator. It's a blue GT model, rather than a First Edition, but I'm guessing the ride would be the same. Trouble is: they are only offering a 20-minute ride around the block. I want to know how the car rides on the motorway and what the seat's like after a couple hours.

So, Xari5008, what's the seat like after a couple hours? :)
The 1st edition seats are slightly different, leather and fabric but really nice. Overall it's a very comfortable car to be in. Really impressed with it so far.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
How do you feel the interior compares to the quality of the fittings in German cars, or the old car come to that?
For comparison I had a 67 plate Audi A6 quattro black edition before this and I'm a huge fan of then interior on the 508 the screen is really well placed with the piano interface and is much smoother than the 3008 and 5008. Everything is laid out really well in my opinion

Registered
Not really surprising really..... The Audi interiors (On the larger models such as A8) is designed and manufactured by Faurecia.

Faurecia is an independent company owned by PSA... so guess who does the interiors for PSA? :lol:

Registered
Test drove a 2ltr BlueHDi GT Line manual, really nice car and would have bought one but its not quite as practical (access etc) as my 3008, so ended up buying a new 3008 GT EAT8. I would recommend anyone to test drive a 508, really great car 馃檪

Registered
I test drove a GT-Line 1.6 220 EAT8 last week. Loved the car and I've ordered a GT Line 1.6 180 auto, twilight blue. Hopefully I'll be saying goodbye to my 2015 320i next month-it will be interesting comparing the two. Peugeot claim not to be offering any discounts on the 508 - I got 17%

Registered
I picked my First Edition up on 1st March, new 19 plate. Never owned a brand new car before. Petrol in blue.

Really loving it so far. Test drove and bought on the same day - I had been searching for a car for a year but never pulled the trigger - nothing seemed to have the right balance of value, toys and comfort that I wanted. Skoda Superb came very close.

Once I did my test drive of the 508 and realised that cockpit view was totaly fine with no issue of the wheel getting in the way of the view, I just went ahead. Really good deal too.

Slight niggles - the ambient light is not the same as you see in the reviews online. My test drive was daytime with no ambient light on, so just didn;t notice. Basically there is no ambient light on the dash - only the doors, cup holder and phone charger area. Also the camera's are quite low resolution and the rear one gets dirty easily. Very minor niggles.

Everything else is superb, especially the motorway cruising comfort - and the car has some real punch when you put your foot down to overtake. I am also getting 45mpg, which I am very pleased about.

Top car.

Registered
Skoda Superb came very close.
That's what I'm driving now, a 66-plate Sportline hatch. I bought it with my head, rather than my heart. I really wanted an Alfa Romeo Giulia, but a test drive in both cars swayed my mind. That and the bargain I was offered.

After two plus years of ownership, the Skoda really is an excellent car. It just doesn't set my heart fluttering.

I read that the 508 will be offered as a hybrid "soon". I suppose that I can manage with my perfectly fine Skoda until I'm ready for a plug-in in a year or two.

Still, I'm keen to hear how you get on with your new 508! Cheers.

Registered
That's what I'm driving now, a 66-plate Sportline hatch. I bought it with my head, rather than my heart. I really wanted an Alfa Romeo Giulia, but a test drive in both cars swayed my mind. That and the bargain I was offered.

After two plus years of ownership, the Skoda really is an excellent car. It just doesn't set my heart fluttering.

I read that the 508 will be offered as a hybrid "soon". I suppose that I can manage with my perfectly fine Skoda until I'm ready for a plug-in in a year or two.

Still, I'm keen to hear how you get on with your new 508! Cheers.
Great things about the 508 so far:
Very good on the motorway - stable, quiet and comfy.
Pretty good handling on A roads/country lanes.
Turning circle is excellent - I mean really excellent - really easy to maneuvre.
Enough power to blast past on overtaking when needed.
Cabin is just a really nice place to be.
Adaptive Cruise and lane keep works well.
Decent mileage

I also liked the Skoda a lot, but it was not as comfortable or quiet as the 508 - though i only test drove the diesel Skoda.

I think the Hybrid 508 (300BHP!) is available from 2020.

Registered
Your 508 certainly beats my petrol (220bhp) Skoda for mileage and steering radius. I've got used to five-point u-turns and 36mpg.

I read the 508 has a quite small steering wheel. Is that an issue for you?

How does the 508 take to potholes and sleeping policemen?

Can you switch the automatic transmission to manual mode, as you can with the VAG DSG transmission? Are there gear changing paddles on the steering wheel?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts