Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi guys, having a nightmare downloading new maps and firmware onto USB Flash Drive from My Peugeot, despite the USB being 32GB Formatted to FAT32 and both Maps & Firmware amounting to 21GB it stops half way through final stage of Firmware update saying "An Error occurred while transferring files check you have enough space on USB Flash Drive" then it's all the back to the start and try again. Which I've done 3 times already. Even Re-formatted the USB just to be double, but no joy.

Any ideas or pointers guys?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The files have to be unzipped onto the USB drive, are you trying to copy the downloaded zipped files as they are? This will fail as there is a limit of 4GB per file under FAT32. You must unzip the files first.

·
Registered
238 Posts
so you downloaded the files from the Peugeot app (phone) via an email?

sounds like you did not read the instructions. once they are downloaded you MUST extract the file contents. then place them on the USB drive. FAT32 only supports a maximum of 4gb as a single file.

If you had used the Peugeot App (PC or Mac) from the website, it does all this automatically for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
so you downloaded the files from the Peugeot app (phone) via an email?

sounds like you did not read the instructions. once they are downloaded you MUST extract the file contents. then place them on the USB drive. FAT32 only supports a maximum of 4gb as a single file.

If you had used the Peugeot App (PC or Mac) from the website, it does all this automatically for you.
Yes I was using my PC with 32GB USB fully formatted in. And yes I was using email link sent from My Peugeot App>gmail>downloaded app onto Windows 10 64 bit> So Maos downloaded as 16.66 GB File and Vehicle Touch Screen download as 4.44 GB File and then Peugeot takes control of installing onto USB at No stage is there a break to give me the opportunity to extract what has been downloaded the Peugeot App didn't give me that option. Here's the thing though it stopped at exactly 4.44GB. Checked USB Flash but it was empty nothing installed.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Still No joy folks. Same error message which is basically saying
"An Error occurred while transferring files check you have enough space on USB Flash Drive" only thing i can think of is to try a 64GB USB Drive.

As @208GTi said the Peugeot Update App on the PC does all this for you. As it doesn't give you the option once Maps and Firmware Downloaded to Extract it.

Anyone used this method of downloading Maps & Firmware. When I Registered my Car on the My Peugeot App via VIN the updates were sitting there prompting me to do so, using the email me link which gives you the option of Windows or MAC.....Peugeot Update App onto a Computer.

Unless is it possible you have to Extract the App itself first before you begin Downloading and Transferring files onto USB?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Format your usb drive again to fat32. Make sure it then reports 32gb in size.

Then run the app again. Failing this you may try getting another source of the file possibly a friend or another internet connection or your local the dealership to download it for you. You are obviously getting a corrupt tar file I think.

@rui.saraiva perhaps you could help sourcing the direct file locations?

Sent from my OnePlus 7Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
@208GTi thanks for your thoughts. I did reformat the USB Sticks again but no luck. It said available space was 28GB on one and 29GB on the other and it is only a 21GB File Download. But both said exactly the same error message at exactly 4.4GB Transfer point.

Guess it could be a corrupt file. Will try the Dealership see what they say.

Thanks again...really appreciate it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Are you downloading the files directly to the usb drive?

You need to download to say the pc first. Then use soothing like 7zip to extract the archives files withing each tar file. Then copy them to the usb drive. Is that what you are doing?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Mmmmm....No as I said once the Peugeot Update App on my PC downloaded Maps & Firmware it automatically checks the USB Drive itself says something like gerting USB Flash Ready. Once it's done that it prompts you to click Continue and it start installing onto USB.

So....once the Peugeot Update App has Downloaded everything where else on my PC would it be stored if not only on the App itself?

Thank you

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Obviously this is what I've been doing wrong. I haven't downloaded the files onto my PC first, it was downloading straight onto the USB Stick. Which clearly is the reason for the error messages.

So will the files sit in the Download folder on the PC? Then extract from download folder into 7Zip, then from 7Zip onto USB Stick?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Fat32 format it allows a single file of less than 4gb(or there abouts) that's a limit no one can break.

You must download the files to the pc, which I hope has an NTFS format. This will allow files over the size of 4gb.

Once the files are downloaded, us 7zip to extract the tar file (compressed archive file) you will then copy and paste them into the flash drive.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I suggest you read the two pdf files I posted in a previous post. This explains exactly what you need to do.

If you do not follow the instructions, then you won't succeed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I suggest you read the two pdf files I posted in a previous post. This explains exactly what you need to do.

If you do not follow the instructions, then you won't succeed.

Yeah I understand now.

Thanks again Simon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I've managed to download and install the latest Firmware V42.01.72.32_NAC-r0 onto my Car without the need for the extract .tar archive 7Zip etc. The Peugeot Update App basically done it all.

So I uninstalled previous Peugeot Update App...reinstalled, BUT this time the App gave the option to download the Maps and Firmware separately, whereas last evening it automatically started downloading everything all at once. Doing Cartography (Maps) download now. Let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Good for you Blueboy, please let us know if there are any new features in the latest firmware.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Good for you Blueboy, please let us know if there are any new features in the latest firmware.
Most, if not all headunit firmware updates have no extra features. They are bug fixes you will never know about since no change log is ever given by PSA, Bosch or Continental. They contain minor bug fixes

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hey guys...got there in the end. That's 7.0.0-r0 Maps now installed as well using the Peugeot Update App again without the need for 7Zip>Extract>.tar archive file transfer. Definitely a much easier method for us Non Computer minded folk.

Thanks again to everyone whom chipped in with advice & help.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Glad you got there but I had already said this from the starts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Glad you got there but I had already said this from the starts.

Indeed you did...sorry I'm a little slow on uptake;)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts