Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, does anyone know how to obtain the latest Firmware updates. Where to source them and check which Version I currently have.

Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
Need to know more information on your headunit there are numerous models.

Smeg, Smeg+, Smeg+vi2, RCC, NAC.

Year make model of car screenshot of the system information screen from the headunit might also help

Most units have a vehicle settings menu. The version of software should be listed there.

Map versions are listed in the navigation settings.

Sent from my OnePlus 7Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Simon,
Thank you so much for replying. Here is the information you asked for. Maps and System Firmware Version. Looking at them they're both dated September 2019 so looks like Factory Versions on the Car.

Sales Manager said I get 5 years Free Map Updates. How do I and where would I obtain the new Firmware Version of which I'm pretty sure they'd be new Firmware released by now.

Warmest Regards

David

Attachments

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The general opinion is if everything is working ok then DON'T update the firmware because if anything goes wrong during the update you'll end up with a bricked system. Do it at your own risk or better still get the dealer to do it on the next service, any problems then will be theirs not yours. Maps are ok though, no problems with updating them.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Simon,
Thank you so much for replying. Here is the information you asked for. Maps and System Firmware Version. Looking at them they're both dated September 2019 so looks like Factory Versions on the Car.

Sales Manager said I get 5 years Free Map Updates. How do I and where would I obtain the new Firmware Version of which I'm pretty sure they'd be new Firmware released by now.

Warmest Regards

David
Is your car one of the electric ones? Just curious as the version number is v42 in firmware and this is also fitted to the Hybrid2/4 3008 models

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you goto

And enter your vin number you should be able to get the Peugeot update app downloaded to your PC. Then install it, add your vehicle and it will prompt you for any new updates available for your car.

The last maps I put on our Hybrid2 was over 16GB in size so you may need a 32gb usb drive.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
If you goto

And enter your vin number you should be able to get the Peugeot update app downloaded to your PC. Then install it, add your vehicle and it will prompt you for any new updates available for your car.

The last maps I put on our Hybrid2 was over 16GB in size so you may need a 32gb usb drive.

Your computer needs to be running Windows 64-bit to install this program.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Easiest way to get updates are via My Peugeot application on your phone. When connected, go to the last tab (car icon) and there you will have car tablet. Tap on "car tablet" and you will receive info about updates. Download link for update will be send to your email. After that, just follow included instructions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Simon. Really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

No it's not the Electronic model. It's Petrol EAT8. Yes I noticed that also, my Firmware begins v42. So is my Head unit the NAC Wave 4? And I see you have the 2008 Hybrid, so is it the same Firmware for different models? And my current Maps is 5.1.0. And this one you posted is 7.0.

If it is the same and safe for my Car, where would I obtain this Firmware to Dowload?

Thanks Again

David

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Easiest way to get updates are via My Peugeot application on your phone. When connected, go to the last tab (car icon) and there you will have car tablet. Tap on "car tablet" and you will receive info about updates. Download link for update will be send to your email. After that, just follow included instructions.
Thank you....just seen your post.

Most kind

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@208GTi thanks so much for your help...as I said to @Pranja Maps update was in the My Peugeot App along with a new Version 42 Firmware which is named Vehicle Touch Screen Update.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Across the PSA range in Europe at least, the headunits are

RCC (Bosch, Radio only) or NAC (Continental, SatNav). There are various revisions/versions for each: Wave1, Wave2, Wave3, and Wave4. All have slightly different hardware specs and dirrent firmware revisions.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts