Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firmware SMEG_5.4.B.R8: updating to SMEG_5.43.A.R2: just says no music files?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Just wait, the "no media" message should go and upgrade should begin after 30 seconds or so.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wait, the "no media" message should go and upgrade should begin after 30 seconds or so.
Hi I'm trying to update firmware to latest version on my 308 GT 2016 downloaded to usb stick when inserting stick to car just says Failed No Music Files ?

·
Registered
978 Posts
From post 1 in the SMEG+ Map and Speed Camera Update Procedure thread:

***IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS***

If you get a protection error. Turn the car off, get out and lock it. Wait for the unit to go to 'sleep' (about 5 minutes). Then try again.

If you get any other error, or nothing shows at all, screenshot the contents of your USB stick and post them here. If you message me, I will only say the same thing!

·
Registered
978 Posts
The pen drive you're using, is it truly empty of other files? It hasn't been plugged into a Mac machine, has it?

I would format it in a Windows machine. Proper format, not a quick format, in FAT32. What size is the pen drive?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
And don't forget you must UNZIP the file onto the stick, don't just copy the single downloaded file!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And don't forget you must UNZIP the file onto the stick, don't just copy the single downloaded file!
Ah that might be the problem as I just downloaded from link to pc then copied to usb stick just how do you unzip?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Plug the USB stick into your computer, right-click on the downloaded file and it should give a menu with something like "extract to" or similar, then choose the USB stick to extract it to. It will take a while to extract.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ah that might be the problem as I just downloaded from link to pc then copied to usb stick just how do you unzip?
Thanks for info updated to SMEG_5.43.A.R2
took about 20 mins thought it was going wrong
when all the things were deleted but hey so far so good not sure about this but my navigation don't look as colourful but will check again apart from that all working phone etc.3 cheers for you guys with your help.

After updating to latest maps and software all is working well

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Glad to be of help, best wishes.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for info updated to SMEG_5.43.A.R2
took about 20 mins thought it was going wrong
when all the things were deleted but hey so far so good not sure about this but my navigation don't look as colourful but will check again apart from that all working phone etc.3 cheers for you guys with your help.
Just a update since updating software my S/S has been working

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just out of interest, if you update the smeg software aswell as Bluetooth and touchscreen software to the lastest version, do you get mirror link or apple CarPlay with the software as mines due into Peugeot Tuesday for software and map updates due to sometimes the screen freezes whilst playing through iPod or jukebox ?
Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts