Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my Firmware is SMEG_5.4.B.R8:has anyone updated to SMEG_5.43.A.R2: if this is the latest version? my car is the 308 sw GT 180BHP 2016 just don't want to mess it up.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 5.43.A.R2 ever since it came out (on this forum, that is) and I think it's safe to say it doesn't mess up anything.
Hi is this the latest firmware and was there anything different that you noticed?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to jump in like this. I don't remember which version my car came with but I also upgraded to the latest version available within days of getting it (it was a used car).

The only thing I noticed is that I can play FLAC files now. The down side is that factory speakers are rubbish and you can't hear the difference compared to streaming over BT/MP3 files with high bitrate. I hope it will be better when I upgrade to Focal speakers :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
As PSA have changed their supplier it is highly unlikely that new firmware will be released.
true.. missed one auction on ebay for FULL NAC SET, guy was about 18 miles from me, and the whole set ( everything was there, even the connectors, etc, etc ) was sold for £200!!!! FFS :(

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
NAC really does show how slow & annoying the SMEG system is.

Everything on the NAC is just slicker & quicker, the Tom Tom traffic works really well ( for me when NAC tethered to my mobile phone)
The mapping is so much slicker to use, Android Auto / Mirror screen / Apple car play really works well.

Voice activation just puts the cherry on top.

If your keeping your 308 then a NAC upgrade is really worth it.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Everything on the NAC is just slicker & quicker, the Tom Tom traffic works really well ( for me when NAC tethered to my mobile phone)
The mapping is so much slicker to use, Android Auto / Mirror screen / Apple car play really works well.

NAC has proper Android Auto? though just Mirror screen and Apple car ..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Hi what does NAC stand for? my SMEG starts the second I start up Radio etc was thinking about updating firmware but not sure about it just wondered what the update does?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts