Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i just bought Peugeot 508 SW from 2015 (after facelift) and my system says its type SMEG5.2.A.R9.

I would like to ask, if this is SMEG ro SMEG+ system and if someone has newer firmware version, which can be downloaded and applied?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

i just bought Peugeot 508 SW from 2015 (after facelift) and my system says its type SMEG5.2.A.R9.

I would like to ask, if this is SMEG ro SMEG+ system and if someone has newer firmware version, which can be downloaded and applied?

Thanks in advance.
Hello!
Recently, I also bought exactly the same vehicle from 2015
I miss the MirrorLink (Mirror screen) option so that you can display the screen from your phone, I read on the Peugeot info page that this model has this option and I don't have it.
Then I came up with the same idea of system update.
It's a SMEG system by the way
I rummaged a bit in the subject, I talked to other users of this model who uploaded newer firmware and regretted it. They claimed that after the update various problems appeared (e.g. echo on the radio or breaking the BT connection) from the service information shows that after uploading the new FW some system settings should be re-entered, which, unfortunately, can only be done by an authorized service. They tried to save a little cash registers and in effect have to go to the service anyway ... :) I also called the authorized Peugeot service where I received information that the system update would not extend the functionality of the radio (multimedia station) or its options. The technician joked that I wouldn't even notice the difference in everyday use ...
That is why I stated that the idea is pointless if nothing specific changes.
Stand-alone and trivially simple upgrades without surprises, which I did is an update of maps in navigation and plug-in PEDALBOX, which significantly changed the dynamics of the car, making it crazy for years and most importantly that without any interference in the engine. I recommend it to everyone, including you, because it pleasantly surprised me with the effect!

Sorry for the language (google translate);)

Regards
Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts