Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
We are seeing strange over the air update warnings in Denmark and Peugeot does have a clue what’s going on. It’s been seen on cars with no navigation installed. The screen goes dark o of nowhere and the text ”UPDATE Please wait, softwae updat will start shortly....” but nothing happen.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I take it all these cars in Denmark have Peugeot connect / SOS fitted ( BTA 2 box ) to get a network signal to the unit to allow the download of any data?

Or are people tethering there smart phone hot spot to there car for data?

Anyone checked on Peugeot Service Box for any outstanding service / safety campaigns?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that most of them have the SOS button. Haven't heard about anyone using smartphones as hotspots. Some owners have had TBS on their car but most of them are experiencing that Peugoet in Denmark know nothing about the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had exactly the same thing in my car and I don´t have navigation either. I live in Finland
After I started my car this morning, center display bootlooped(or restarted) several times and after about ten or fifteen minutes there was the same text than DKCanadian has
It is a bit annoying, because you can´t use radio or air condition or anything else

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m UK and have a 2017 allure model which started doing this yesterday and again today. No idea why and like said above, it stays on for ages, then reboots to that screen again. Can’t do anything with it. No sounds, press and hold various buttons does nothing, nothing in USB or the 12v. Gonna harass them dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
691 Posts
That exact same message is shown while updating the firmware in RCC infotainment systems. The ones I expect in a Active trim.

Allure should have a NAC system, with a different blue update screen and message.

I don't know what's going on, but that seems only for RCC systems, without integrated satnav.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Happened this morning again. This seems to happen only when phone is connected with mirror screen, I have iPhone. Annoying because now I can not connect phone at all. Last week everything worked normally. Anyone else noticed same?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am in Ireland and had the same thing happening on my GT Line but before it started showing the software update message the system kept starting and stopping and restarting again loads of times. Eventually after a while it was just a blank screen, no radio or any controls available. I was on a 2 hour drive to the airport and despite pulling over and turning everything off it did not come back. That was Christmas eve, so arrived back last night and now everything working again, no restarts on the journey home but did not like the fact that it just left me in the dark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've experienced this during the last 3-4 weeks. Sometimes this "UPDATE screen" pops up and sometimes the screen works - most of the time the infotainment screen gets caught in a never-ending reboot cycle. Spoke to Peugeot in DK (Viby) today and they said had a lot of calls regarding this on the 3008 and 5008, but no solution yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As I presume the same issue started from pairing my iPhone (iOS 13.3) with RCC. Symptoms are: continuing boot loop ends up with black screen with UPDATE warning.
I updated RCC from USB stick with the latest firmware. Problem disappeared for a while then came up again.
Now I'm trying to connect Android phone to RCC for Android Auto, but with no result. RCC doesn't see connected phone by USB, pairing via bluetooth works partially, I can only make and receive phone calls, no music streaming.

3008 II gen, GT Line, Russian Federation

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had this issue occur intermittently since. A few days nothing and then it resurfaces again. I was using the blue colour screen setting so decided to change to relax mode (gold/brown colour screen) and have not seen it happening yet when that profile selected. Just as a matter of interest has anybody else noticed this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This never happens without phone connection with mirror screen, I have removed bluetooth pairing. When I connect my phone before or right after starting engine, this occurs, but if I connect phone after a few minutes after start, everything works ok

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in The Netherlands and i have the same issue, the display restarts almost every minute , and now it also says: Update, please wait ,software update will start shortly.....

@kamero , how do you update your 208 system?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The way we avoid this is.. turn on car.. wait 30sec, connect iPhone, and just after turn off Bluetooth on the phone. (When connected the phone will turn on BT automatically, so you need to turn it off after connecting).
If you have the peugoet app installed, say ignore when asked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in The Netherlands and i have the same issue, the display restarts almost every minute , and now it also says: Update, please wait ,software update will start shortly.....

@kamero , how do you update your 208 system?
not 208, 3008's system. I downloaded firmware and licence file from peugeot.ee (you need a VIN code), copy files to USB stick and plug in to USB port. Wait until it start updating. It takes around 30-50 minutes.

Sorry for late reply.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts