Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Just wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with some of the electrics after installing this update? Specifically the sun roof, sun roof blind and seat massage functions?

I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not but I now have erratic operation of the sun roof/blind and seat massage function. When I first start the car the roof blind works fine but if I randomly try it whilst driving or when idling it sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. Same thing with the driver seat massage. Pressing the massage seat button doesn’t do anything and it doesn't light up although at other times it does work.

Anyone else seem similar issues?

·
Registered
508 SW 1.5 Blue HDi EAT8 2020
14 Posts
I didn’t have any issues with the update but I don’t have the roof blind or massage function.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Have since reinstalled the update and, so far, no problems. Hopefully just a dodgy install first time round.
Don’t have the glass roof, but have tried both massagers and they seem OK after the update.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have since reinstalled the update and, so far, no problems. Hopefully just a dodgy install first time round.
Bloody problem is back on, intermittent failures of the seat massage and sun roof/blind options. Does anyone have a working link for the previous firmware so I can install that to confirm if it's a software issue? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Bloody problem is back on, intermittent failures of the seat massage and sun roof/blind options. Does anyone have a working link for the previous firmware so I can install that to confirm if it's a software issue? Thanks.
Oh dear, that's not good. I have tried my massager a few times since you gave us the initial post and it has been fine, but how intermittent is your problem? As for a firmware rollback that may be difficult unless someone like r.sariavo know s of such a server with them on. Anyone using the pc update app like me won't have it due to it deleting the files from the download folder after copying them to the USB stick, and of course overwriting the old one on the stick when it gets formatted. In future I will copy the previous update back to my download folder before the next one. Doesn't help you at the moment though.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Oh dear, that's not good. I have tried my massager a few times since you gave us the initial post and it has been fine, but how intermittent is your problem? As for a firmware rollback that may be difficult unless someone like r.sariavo know s of such a server with them on. Anyone using the pc update app like me won't have it due to it deleting the files from the download folder after copying them to the USB stick, and of course overwriting the old one on the stick when it gets formatted. In future I will copy the previous update back to my download folder before the next one. Doesn't help you at the moment though.
This was the guy I was thinking of, but I don't know how to message him directly to ask your question. He appears to be very knowledgeable regarding updates.
  1. Sat Nav Firmware Update
    3008 (2017+)
    Updating the firmware can have this side effects, there are some posts here about new problems introduced with new firmware. Those firmware updates don't add anything new, they just try to fix some problems (precisely those car-phone connection problems are common) and it's impossible to...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking that rather than being an overall fault with the update (bug, if you will) I think the downloaded version I have on my flash drive is somehow corrupted even though it installs without any errors. If I could find a download link for either the new version or the previous version then I'd try again. In terms of frequency the massage function fault is fairly often, to be honest. Even when I go in to the ambience menu settings I can't switch on the massage function on either the driver or passenger seats. Every time I select low, medium or high setting, it simply jumps back to the off position. Pressing the massage button on the seat has no effect. Sometimes when I restart the car everything might work ok for a short time but the fault comes back. Very strange!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking that rather than being an overall fault with the update (bug, if you will) I think the downloaded version I have on my flash drive is somehow corrupted even though it installs without any errors. If I could find a download link for either the new version or the previous version then I'd try again. In terms of frequency the massage function fault is fairly often, to be honest. Even when I go in to the ambience menu settings I can't switch on the massage function on either the driver or passenger seats. Every time I select low, medium or high setting, it simply jumps back to the off position. Pressing the massage button on the seat has no effect. Sometimes when I restart the car everything might work ok for a short time but the fault comes back. Very strange!
Found a link to download the previous firmware so will see if that can be installed. NAC Wave 2 ,3 and 4 Firmware + Maps - Page 2 (gpsurl.com) You do need to register to see the download links.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Presumably you have to enter your VIN along the way somehow, because the download with the upgrade program has it embedded in a key file.
No. You just download a compressed file then extract it and install as you would before the Peugeot app automated the process. Will let you know if it works or not.........

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
No. You just download a compressed file then extract it and install as you would before the Peugeot app automated the process. Will let you know if it works or not.........
Do we know whether it allows a 'downgrade'?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do we know whether it allows a 'downgrade'?
Having difficulty getting the car to recognise the flash drive so can't confirm. Reading other forum posts it looks like a downgrade may not be possible. Will have another try but if that fails then might be a trip to the local dealer.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Having difficulty getting the car to recognise the flash drive so can't confirm. Reading other forum posts it looks like a downgrade may not be possible. Will have another try but if that fails then might be a trip to the local dealer.
The annoying thing is the dealer won't do anything unless they can replicate the fault so if it's intermittent they will say there is nothing wrong.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The annoying thing is the dealer won't do anything unless they can replicate the fault so if it's intermittent they will say there is nothing wrong.
Fully understand that so have videoed the touchscreen/massage control problem and will probably wait until it gets worse. Just a bummer that I've got a few 3 hour plus drives planned and no seat massage (hard to remember a time when I DIDN'T have any massage function) LOL.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fully understand that so have videoed the touchscreen/massage control problem and will probably wait until it gets worse. Just a bummer that I've got a few 3 hour plus drives planned and no seat massage (hard to remember a time when I DIDN'T have any massage function) LOL.
Fortunatelly , Peugeot 508 II comes with very comfortable seats so that you wouldn't miss massaging seats at all ;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi there. Just wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with some of the electrics after installing this update? Specifically the sun roof, sun roof blind and seat massage functions?

I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not but I now have erratic operation of the sun roof/blind and seat massage function. When I first start the car the roof blind works fine but if I randomly try it whilst driving or when idling it sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. Same thing with the driver seat massage. Pressing the massage seat button doesn’t do anything and it doesn't light up although at other times it does work.

Anyone else seem similar issues?
Hi all. Just an update to close off this discussion. Had the car looked at by Peugeot and there was (apparently) a wire in the electric seat harness that was grounding slightly causing erratic operation of the massage function on both seats plus erratic operation of the sun roof and blind. Didn’t cause any fuses to blow. No other symptoms that I noticed. Something to watch out for if you get similar problems.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Hi all. Just an update to close off this discussion. Had the car looked at by Peugeot and there was (apparently) a wire in the electric seat harness that was grounding slightly causing erratic operation of the massage function on both seats plus erratic operation of the sun roof and blind. Didn’t cause any fuses to blow. No other symptoms that I noticed. Something to watch out for if you get similar problems.
Good to know it had nothing to do with the update anyway, and a good heads-up for future potential problems, thanks for posting the update.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also appreciate your feedback on it .
Happy Driving

1 - 20 of 22 Posts