Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to my country regulations we must carry a 1 Kg fire extinguisher onboard, and it must be located inside the car, not in the boot.- There is no place under the seats, and I cannot find a logical place to secure it, where do you use to store it ?
Thanks

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
It will secure under drivers seat , push seat right back , feel for raised part that runs from door to middle of car , theres no wires so you can drill into car and attach there , if you wait until tomorrow i`ll get you a picture :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will secure under drivers seat , push seat right back , feel for raised part that runs from door to middle of car , theres no wires so you can drill into car and attach there , if you wait until tomorrow i`ll get you a picture :thumb:
Thanks Ill be waiting for the picture

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
ive seen most extinguishers fitted in passenger footwell. push the seat right back and the carpet is raised...cut that out and fit, thats what i see in most cars and even in military cars.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I keep mine in the back, one of the secret peugeot compartments in the back, where on some cars the cd changer is in. seems a nice place for it. maybe not the fastest one to get to, but it sure is out of my way. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is cleaning day so excuse the dirt :eek:
Thanks for your pictures.-
I checked the space under the forward seats in my car but it is diferent of what your pictures shows, maybe that mine have electric driven movements and yours is manual, please confirm this.-
In the position I use my seat (medium low) the fire extinguisher doesnt allow a complete forward movement.-

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
stick it in your boot, from my CPC course for bus driving, the main areas for fire are in the engine or where passengers sit, as apparently they like to set fire and smoke :lol: :S

so if its in boot its safe and you can get to it easy.

also other ideas are:

-in front passenger footwell, on side next to centre console.
-in rear footwells
-on parcel shelf
-in bin? as 1kg fire extinguisher would be the same as pissing in the wind.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Seen a 406 front fan catch fire one day at the taxi rank , we put 3 of these extinguishers into it , was as much use as a fart in a spacesuit .:nono:

J

·
0 Posts
Seen a 406 front fan catch fire one day at the taxi rank , we put 3 of these extinguishers into it , was as much use as a fart in a spacesuit .:nono:
Like sooo many things..... never able to achieve what the regulation aims to prevent

1 - 16 of 16 Posts