Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car will be here after 2/3 days max. finally.
So before I just sign the papers and give away the cash, does anyone has anything to say? :)

I have read about the car losing power, issues with electronic (i.e. keyless entry and boot), clutch damaged in 60000 KM, Heads Up screen hang and goes black, and finally somehow a weak AC.

Do you think I'm doing the right decision now guys, I'm so worried, to be honest.

Especially about the agency, when I discussed with them some technical stuff, like changing the gearbox oil "which they claim to be a lifetime", also the type of Oil which is used 5W-30, where in the very hot areas, as per my knowledge, it should be 5W-40.

I know, I'm kinda random, but I just wanted to get everything in one place.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't worry yourself.
Forums are not the drivers of the entire fleet of 3008's on the road, they are a minority who come to ask, probe, share, and give advice.
When you read a comment, that comment is not of the whole ownership, it is again an individual issue that just so happens has found a comman ground with a few others.

Yes, there have been problems but for a brand new vehicle I would expect to find a few 'teething issues'.
What is more important is how long it takes to rectify any such issues, and for that again I personally am not concerned.
Don't forget this is a French vehicle where the French owners will be quick to act on Peugeot should they fail to comply. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lets face it Ramy...all of the Car dealers in the UAE are shite ... No matter which vehicle you choose.

The AC seems adequate to me, but I'm in the UK these days. Efficient AC in Dubai was always VERY High on my list and hence always drove Toyota SUV's ...always reliable , always cool :rolleyes:

The UAE is probably one of the Hottest and dustiest climates you'll ever find
a 3008 in so hope it all goes well..

Cheers

martin

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is good to hear "Beards", I really hope so, I just need encouragement.

Martin, you have defiantly seen it all in Dubai, I hate Toyota, I spent the last 5 years with it, no luxury at all, only a car that can drive and not to breakdown, nothing else.

Btw, the dealer showed me that Peugeot is shipping the cars to Dubai with a GCC specs as to be suitable for (Very hot and dusty countries), I hope that they really accommodated such conditions.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have read about the car losing power, issues with electronic (i.e. keyless entry and boot), clutch damaged in 60000 KM, Heads Up screen hang and goes black, and finally somehow a weak AC.

Do you think I'm doing the right decision now guys, I'm so worried, to be honest.
Well it won the dakar rally...
Peugeot 3008 DKR | 3008 DKR - Peugeot UK
...OK not a standard production 3008 but they obviously have the knowledge to build a car for severe conditions like the Dakar rally produces.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think it just says TMC....they have not managed to enable it yet :)...I would imagine its all Garmin if I were to have an educated guess....

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Most issues aren't actually faults, more a matter of not understanding all the complex toys.
The vast majority never visit a forum in any case, and any issue is dealt with as a warranty claim at this stage.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
and finally somehow a weak AC.
I'm in France where the temperatures have recently been in the mid to high thirties and in my opinion the A/C is not sufficient for this heat. In my previous Ford Focus I would often have to increase the temperature because the air was too cold for comfort.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in France where the temperatures have recently been in the mid to high thirties and in my opinion the A/C is not sufficient for this heat. In my previous Ford Focus I would often have to increase the temperature because the air was too cold for comfort.
After your comment, I went to the dealer to test drive the car again in the noon time and the AC was adequate in 41 c degree, I guess that's because our version is the middle east specs for very hot countries.

Also, thanks to "Tell" link, it's mentioned that Peugeot know how to do it right for the AC, they just might choose not to do it XD

But really thanks, such responses are what I need, to see if it's manageable or should I refrain from buying it.

This is a quote from the article:
"Air Conditioning: It's something we all take for granted on our road cars, but the air conditioning that was introduced on the 2008 DKR in Asia for Summer 2016 has been made even more effective for Peugeot Sport’s latest creation. With crews spending up to 12 hours a day inside the cars, subject to cockpit temperatures in excess of 60 degrees centigrade, the effect of air conditioning on human performance cannot be underestimated. Even though the drivers are super-fit athletes, the improved air conditioning helped them to perform at a higher level and get more out of the new 3008 DKR."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts