Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
...as he says, pull it harder and watch you dont break your nails ducky....

I used a pair or pliers to grab the handle and that made the pull easier....

David

(...still got my nails.. :cool: ...)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BestGear said:
...as he says, pull it harder and watch you dont break your nails ducky....

I used a pair or pliers to grab the handle and that made the pull easier....

David

(...still got my nails.. :cool: ...)
thanks i succeed . but my clim isn't working . probably the compressor .
how much is gone cost me???

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
mimouni4ever said:
thanks i succeed . but my clim isn't working . probably the compressor .
how much is gone cost me???
try refilling with gas first. (its just like a fridge unit, needs topping up ) around £25 mark,.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bettyswollocks said:
try refilling with gas first. (its just like a fridge unit, needs topping up ) around £25 mark,.
thanks for the advice , but already done.
i already check if the electronik systeme is turning off and on all the time , and it's not that .
the system is really cold when i put my hand on the tubes.
the last thing is comprossor .
i'm checking the prices on the net and my wallet already run away!

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
think there is a presure switch called a Presostat it could be this,
Can be checked with a multi meter.

see if some of the other guys come about later-on today might have better idea.:confused:

G

·
Hi

Do you hear the compressor clicking on and off when you switch the AC on?

Which pipes do you feel cold?

AC is a simple system really, so assuming there is gas and lubricant in there, its mainly faulty compressor or leaks, there is not much else to go wrong other than the expansion valve - which may be your problem.

Climate control just adds on top of that by offering more electronics to control it.

So, if the compressor is clicking in and out, that means that the minimum pressure to operate is satisfied - ie gas is above minimum, and electrics to control the clutch work.

So - follow it from the compressor.... the gas goes to the condenser at the front of the car under high pressure. When the gas is cooled by the condenser, it goes back to being liquid.

It then goes through the drier, through the expansion valve and into the heater where the evaporator lives.

When the liquid leaves the expansion valve it is now low pressure, still in liquid form. As the liquid goes through the evaporator, it heats up (by removing heat from the air going through) and turns back into a gas. It gets back to the compressor via the expansion valve again and round it goes.

Hope that explanation helps diagnosis.... or at least provokes a few thoughts.

David

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
great explanation! amazing!

i'm not sure that i understand everything but i'm gone print this and look a the schema of my air conditionair system.

first off all i have an automatic gear i dont know if it's necesary for you to know.
second , i'm hearing the sound that you talk about when i'm turn on my AC.
the pipes that i'm talking about is more like upside down alumium cup, and it's cold for sure.
when i'm in my car sometimes the AC working fine and sometimes not at all.

that all the symptomes.
we gonna resolve this case . i'm sure .

thanks really much!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hello again!

just another thing .
the AC seems to work fine but the problem is that is get cold and hot and cold and hot and so on....
if i turn it slow (like 2), it's working fine.
maybe that can help to find the solution???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.