Peugeot Forums banner

Filling the Gearbox

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  daz061 
#1 ·
2008 pug 207

ive located what looks like the filler cap just near the oil filter, its got like a black plastic cap which looks like its sealed with something. How can i get it off and fill up my fluid. Ive looked around on google and cant see any info, like its a big secret or something lol.

Thanks

#3 ·
Sorry, bit late to this conversation.

I changed my gearbox oil about 6 weeks ago. I've got a 1.6 HDi with a BE4-5L gearbox (carinfo.kiev thank you very much!!) and although it does have a little pull out tab at top, on mine that tab sat in the top of a plastic nut (think 17mm or 19mm). I guess the pull out tab is to check the oil but to fill up I took off the nut. To access it had to take out battery and battery tray which was a bit of a faff but gave easy access.

A guy on YT did it but filled up via a side bolt on the gearbox that took him ages.

1.9ltr of oil came out (just as per manufacturers spec) so put the same about back in.

You've probably done by now anyway.

Cheers

#5 ·
Yea all done, i took the battery cover out too for better access, these small compact engine bays are a nightmare if you dont have the right tools-extra long socket extensions. I did notice another black plastic looking cover right near the fill up cap on the gearbox, i was wondering what it was, any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.