Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed the coil string and the drive shaft popped out and dumped a load of gearbox oil ,so need to refill it.
I think ive found the screw cap to empty it but not to sure the filling cap .
I think ive spotted it ?? A grey/silver cap on top of the gear box ,it looks like i need to remove the airbox filter housing ..is this it ?? see photos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QKlmNM79d1XfsVGr1

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I just changed the coil string and the drive shaft popped out and dumped a load of gearbox oil ,so need to refill it.
I think ive found the screw cap to empty it but not to sure the filling cap .
I think ive spotted it ?? A grey/silver cap on top of the gear box ,it looks like i need to remove the airbox filter housing ..is this it ?? see photos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QKlmNM79d1XfsVGr1
your in the rite ball park but that doesn't look liken it to me.

What engine is it?

Drain the gearbox oil 1st before u try top up cause there is no measurement of it to go by, so need drain it and refill with recommend amount for your engine and gearbox.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2006 1.4 petrol engine

I managed to get the airfilter housing out and found a black cap not silver/grey and it just pulls off

Im stuck how to undo the bottom bolt to empty the gear box..it looks like a allen key but the 7mm is to small and the 8mm is to big ..unless its not a allen key ??

·
Registered
441 Posts
it looks like a allen key but the 7mm is to small and the 8mm is to big ..unless its not a allen key ??
Coluld be Torx if it's generally hexagonal. Or an imperial size allen , though I wouldn't expect it on a Pug...

Another not uncommon variant for sump bolts and the likes are square drive. Autoparts stores usually carry a "dog bone" style tool with most common sizes

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
bottom one to undo the plug is a 21 or 22 mm socket u will need.

the top one for breather/filler is normally a 17mm socket, be carefull on it though it's plastic so can crack easily.

pretty standard across the BE4 Gearbox.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts