Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking on tinternet and the pros seem to use a type of resin to fill a scratch but i cant seem to find anyone selling anything like this. Anyone shed any light on this or indeed offer a good way of sorting a key scratch?

J

·
0 Posts
Pay someone :lol:

Have you had a price from one of these outfits that come to you to repair chips & scratches?? Supposed to be cheaper than bodyshops

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi,

I have heard-and witnessed some people filling in deep scratches using superglue. This is if it is a really deep scratch. Apply super glue in the scratch to bring it up to surface, then gently sand and use a colour match pen/marker to colour.

though obviously, this is a very cheap method of repair. If it's on a new car, taking it to a body shop is the best option.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use a crayon to fill in the scratch, it has always worked for me and stopped my cars rusting around the deep scratches and it lasts for quite some time and sometimes you cant even tell theres a scratch there after using it :thumb:

·
Registered
481 Posts
If its only light machine polish first then buy Turtle Wax colour polish with chip stick. Its like crayon in a lipstick applicator.

You fill the scratch in with this and put the colour polish on top. Only temporary as it will eventually wash out unless you keep re applying it.

Chips away etc I wouldn't pay with dried dog s**t. They are ok if you are flogging it and want a quick bodge! (like the one that I mention above lol)

·
Registered
430 Posts
We had a nasty scratch along both doors of the Wifes Skoda Fabia ,I didnt bother with it for some time . Last week I found a permanent marker pen in Dark Green ( Just the right colour ) so i ran it down the scratch . ( Scratch was fine , but down to primer ) Well not perfect , but the from most angles you cant see the scratch . Not the best repair from an ex spray painter, but me & the Skoda are getting old & I cant be arsed !!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
If you have a look on Detailing world (and ignore the idiot called PugIain) you'll find quite a few fixes for scratches and stone chips.
I fixed one myself by filling it with a layer of colour,and 3 or 4 of lacquer till it was proud of the surface.Then wetsanded it back with 3k and polished it up with my DA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts