Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed today two large holes where supposedly the magnets should sit in the filler cap, can these magnets be purchased separately or does it mean new cap required.:confused:
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
Does your car actually need the magnets ??

If there is no DPF then there should be no requirement for the magnets.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, my fault should have said what the model was... 2.0 Hdi 150 exclusive and yes it does have a DPF that is why i thought it strange when I noticed the fuel cap.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuel cap magnets

Been on to peugeot today to find out if magnets are available, told by "super tech" he did not know what I was talking about only thing he said was there was a detection harness fitted to filler neck, when I asked him what it detected he could not answer.
could owners of 3008 with DPF fitted next time you fill up your tank could you note whether magnets are fitted or not to the fuel cap and let me know so I can aquire some from salvage cap as I am now getting DPF partially blocked warnings.

·
9,208 Posts
I cannot find a sensor or harness in service box for the 150 engine. Even the fuel caps are the same for petrol or diesel so i would assume they calculate in a different way now. Possible with can the fuel gauge can talk to the engine ecu.

I also checked my DS5 with the 163 HDI engine and no magnets in the cap either

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fuel cap magnets

Windy thanks for the reply, seems as though no magnets used ,just taken for granted that were previously used on older models.
will force a regen on filter to see if fault can be cleared as have been doing a lot of short journeys lately.
Regards,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts