Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks newbie here and i have a few probs with my 407 1.6HDI.Its a 2005 with 79.000,the problem is i am getting a wierd noise coming from the engine bay what can only be discribed as a whoo whoo whoo.I have not long had some work done on the car i.e new center section of the exhaust and new air box and all pipe work too and from the air box.The car sounds like its got a K+N fitted although i am 100% sure it hasn't.Very noisy also at high revs i get a rattle.Any ideas folks thanks in advance.

·
Registered
862 Posts
rayvo said:
Hi folks newbie here and i have a few probs with my 407 1.6HDI.Its a 2005 with 79.000,the problem is i am getting a wierd noise coming from the engine bay what can only be discribed as a whoo whoo whoo.I have not long had some work done on the car i.e new center section of the exhaust and new air box and all pipe work too and from the air box.The car sounds like its got a K+N fitted although i am 100% sure it hasn't.Very noisy also at high revs i get a rattle.Any ideas folks thanks in advance.

Possibly the pipe work has a faulty vacuum seal somewhere,get the garage that did the work to check it out for you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.