Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening you fine people. I have few problems with my Peugeot 307 CC and I would appriciate any help in regards to those problems.

As this post will be quite long I have decided to split them and make it easier to read.
  1. key fob not working
  2. unable to buy window motor
  3. roof mechanism faulty
  4. clutch high
Car details:

Peugeot 307CC, Registered 09 Feb 2007 ,1.6L Petrol/110BHP

1. Key fob not working

I bought it with 2 key fobs, one of which buttons were worn out so I was using 2nd key. The problem began with shorter range of locking/unlocking a car or opening boot of the car. It kept on losing range and at one point it was working inside the car but now it’s not even working at all

I have replaced a new battery in the remote 3 times but that did not fix the problem. I am still forced to manually unlock/lock my vehicle and can’t open car boot. I’ve tried BSI reset (but without unplugging car baterry) and that did not help. Any advice on next step is appriciated.

2. While I was driving on a sunny hot day my window got stuck and I have burned my window motor. Since summer I have been looking for that window motor serial number but noone would sell it (part number is 9681589480). I have tried ebay/amazon and my local vehicle dismantlers but no luck. I do a search once a week. If anyone has an idea how to buy it I would be grateful.

3. I bought the car with this problem already and I was wondering what common problem would cause „roof mechanism faulty” message ? I think the seller mentioned it was one of actuators but I took it to mechanic who said he did not see anything wrong with them after diagnostics showed no errors.

4. Lastly, when I bought the car the clutch felt very high car was at (80k miles) so I thought it’s time to change it and so I did ask the mechanic to replace the clutch, he then phoned me saying the clutch looks like it’s still got about 75% lifetime left but I did not like the way that clutch felt so I asked him to change it. It has not fixed the problem and the clutch is still high.

I appriciate your patience in reading this and I’m open to any advices you may have.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi there.

I had a similar issue with the key fob. Have you tried swapping the internals over to see if the issue follows. Mine did, ordered a new case off eBay for about £5, problem solved

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
My roof issue was a sticking latch on top of the windscreen. I greased them both and after a few roof cycles, all good

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there.

I had a similar issue with the key fob. Have you tried swapping the internals over to see if the issue follows. Mine did, ordered a new case off eBay for about £5, problem solved

Hi

yes I did, had no luck with it. I think it might be antenna. Also forgot to mention as the range decreased, the radio stopped working. Do you know where the antenna is located in this car ? I could not find any diagram showing it online

·
Registered
57 Posts
Radio antenna on the cc is built into the rear spoiler, maybe a good idea to see if it's receiving voltage and check earth's etc

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You say you cannot open the boot, does that mean the button on the boot is not working?
Hi

when I say I cannot open the boot i means on my key fob, everything is ok with the baterry and buttons on the keys and the boot button is good too. None of the buttons work when I press on them but they used to so I do not think the key fob is the problem itself. Must be something inside the car

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Radio antenna on the cc is built into the rear spoiler, maybe a good idea to see if it's receiving voltage and check earth's etc

Is this something I can check myself ? how do I access it ? I’ve only seen vids on youtube heating up adhesive and then using finishing line slowly removing it... but it wasn’t for peugeot car even.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I believe the spoiler is removable by removing the interior trim. This to check if antenna is getting voltage.

Not sure if antenna has separate fuse, might be worth a try 1st

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe the spoiler is removable by removing the interior trim. This to check if antenna is getting voltage.

Not sure if antenna has separate fuse, might be worth a try 1st

Ok so from my understanding I need to open the boot first in order to access interior trim to spoiler. Is there a way pf opening a car boot without pressing the button on key fob ? as it’s not possible to use key fob to unlock/lock/open car boot

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
keys are common issue on these cars it can be the key or the car

Bsi reset wont help and does not work unless you disconnect the battery !
I can supply the correct window motor part number does not matter its the VERSION that matters.

If window is not working you will get roof faulty message
Clutches always high on peugeots

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I can supply the correct window motor part number does not matter its the VERSION that matters.

the roof mechanism faulty message displayed while the window was working so it’s not that. Please send me link where I can buy the model that fits my car. The part number is 9681589480

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

the roof mechanism faulty message displayed while the window was working so it’s not that. Please send me link where I can buy the model that fits my car. The part number is 9681589480

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You can unlock the car with the internal lock button then the boot should open with th 0 on the rear the locking does not actually lock the boot it just switches of the electrics to the 0 button.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sorry for being out for so long. I don’t think I can afford to spend £85 on a motor I don’t know that will work. I have though found a similar looking motor from Peugeot 307SW, it’s not made by Brose but Siemens and it’s looking the same. Any chance it will fit ?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The motor is the same but the control unit is CC specific the powerfold controller is also different to non powerfold it has to be correct spec not correct part number they are hard to find that's why they are expensive

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi again, it took long but after nearly a month I managed to get the right motor even with same part number so 100% fits. Power fold mirrors work, all other 3 windows work from control panel and individual buttons but driver’s window is not working. The window regulator is fine as I can manually pull up and down the glass. The motor is not even rotating when trying to pull up or pull down the window. Is there any hope for me ? 😫

1 - 20 of 29 Posts