Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! New here, just brought a second hand 2006 206 1.4 Verve. Full service history, clear MOT, 55000 miles. Lovely!
However... I’ve started to notice a couple of issues. Few days back it went into limp mode on the drive to work, a friend scanned it and it was misfiring and poor combustion on cylinder 3. We changed the ignition coil pack, success! No codes and all working well again.
I’ve now noticed that on a couple of occasions the car struggles to start. Sounds like it has fired and is running but when I release the key it cuts out. A try or two later and it fires into life. Also noticed that there’s some shaking when the car first starts - goes after 30 seconds or so, and whilst driving there’s a small stutter from time to time when accelerating. Google tells me it could be the fuel pump, fuel filter, air filter or spark plugs. Other threads say the Mass Air Flow sensor or Idle Air control valve.
I’m confident in doing work myself, but unsure if I have a mass air flow sensor or IAC. 👀
Any help or advice welcome!

·
7,061 Posts
Check the plugs, if you have access to a code reader (or can find a planet member) look at live data for coolant sensor as they can fail but not trigger engine light but make cold starting difficult.

Also worth looking at all of the injector electrical connections as there was a known issue with screen wash fluid dripping from the inside of the bonnet on to the injector electrical connection causing it to corrode

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate. I’ll see if I can get it plugged in again. I’ll have a check of the connections too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No codes present. I’ve changed the spark plugs and that’s cured the shaking on start up. Changed the coolant temp sensor and thought I’d solved the non starting issue but today it failed to start again after a short journey. A try or two later and a pump of the accelerator and it fired into life. Any other ideas? Someone on a thread here has the same issue and was told it could be the crank sensor? Is this easy to change?

·
7,061 Posts
Possible crank sensor they can fail due to heat soak.

If you can check live data when it does not start look at RPM reading to see if it registers cranking speed to test sensor

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts