873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Rear Electric Windows
2. Electric Wing Mirrors
3. Centre Dash Buttons
4. Reversing Camera

Guide here for the windows.....

"How To" Rear Electric Windows..

I picked up a couple of the rear silver door handle trims with switches cheap on ebay....:lol:

Not sure where the electric wing mirrors plug in, any member that has electric windows I would appreciate a picture....:thumb:

The drivers door card window switch will have to incorporate the wing mirrors and rear electric windows switch. Can be had off ebay but I wonder if they will fit the old 307's. Again if a member has a drivers doorcard switch with these functions I would appreciate some pics of the connector and how the door card is cut.

Reversing camera, any suggestions where to put this, just under the number plate maybe. I have attached a picture of the connector, the yellow one is for video, black is the power. Cannot find the rca power cable that plugs into it, anyone got a link....

Centre dash buttons, got some buttons on ebay so only need to find out what we could use them for, open boot, turn on amp etc...any suggestions...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
hi mate,

in relation to the reversing camera, i have been doing some research for this as i have just bought a new headunit.

anyways there are two types of camera, number plate cam or revising sensor style.

from what i have seen for the number plate there are two types for this also. one that hides behind and peeps through a hole...and one that replaces your number plate light, but has a camera and light (to keep legal).

the revising sensor style speaks for itself.

for the centre dash buttons, maybe an on/off for footwell illumination (if you have fitted). what about foglight switch (if you have foglights) that sorta thing.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea Ive just seen the number plate, would rather have one of these. Only got one coz Ive got a dvd player with av input in the car and seen a reversing camera going cheap on ebay so thought why not!

Ive just got the circular camera, its 40mm diameter.

Thats prob what I'll do, some blue lights, and will do the boot open...:thumb:

Rear electrics seem quite a task but wing mirrors may be quite easy......:)

J

·
0 Posts
What does the button on the left do?

Was it hard to rig them two extra buttons up?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very easy, its supposed to be for the alarm I think, i can also get one for the far right.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
you can pick them up from a peugeot dealership...i was speaking to a parts guy and apparently they are around £7 a peice. i did have part numbers...but god knows where that thread went :rolleyes:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mmmm, checked service box and the button for the far right that I dont have is £18, its a seat belt warning button.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have found out that there should be a plug socket where the electric window motor is, if there is it should be simple to fit electric mirrors.

I was ripping, I won an electric mirror, same colour code as my car for 99p and the seller refused to sell it to me because it didnt go high enough...:mad::mad::mad::mad::

S

·
0 Posts
Report them to ebay, if they wanted a higher price then its up to them to put a reserve on it

I'm not sure but i'm pretty certain once an auction has ended then they (and you) are obliged to carry out the transaction!

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
stubbo is kinda correct, ebay do say put a reserve on it although people dont to save money as it costs like an extra £1....although the seller always reserves the right to refuse sale.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not looking good on the electric window switch, how is this possibly going to fit. On my switch there are two large block connectors, these two are quite small connectors. Seller was kind enough to take a few photos.....

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried and failed to add electric mirrors. Picked up a couple of window motors that had socket to plug in electric mirrors. The socket for the motor(not mirror) was different than the plug in my car, thought it may still work if I cut the wires and joined them up. But the motor would not even fit the door of my car. It seems the only way to do it would be to change the whole door.

Maybe theres another shape of motor that will fit mine....dont know...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts