Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First it was MOT time for my 407.

As I owned a golf gti mk4 for 6 years Iike to find my common faults and I must of found a couple so far!!
But hey :)jobs to do this year are...

1. Drivers track rod end & bottom ball joint need replacing ( purchased for. £45 ) just need fitting.

2.Rear wiper is seized!!

3.rear window switch is just 2 wires. ( you touch them it opens. ) needs replacing .

4.rear demister doesn't work ( relay clicks and button lights up ) I'm guessing the awful soldering on the back window panel have come loose.

5. Need a new starter motor been quoted £118 for a Bosch 1.9kw, does that seem right??

If anybody can shed any light on the above issues that would be great :)

Cheers

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
177 Posts
As you're going to have to remove the wiper motor to renew it anyway, it might be worth putting it in a vice and trying to get the spindle moving with vice grips. Worth a try?
What sort of noise is it making at the moment, when you try it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As you're going to have to remove the wiper motor to renew it anyway, it might be worth putting it in a vice and trying to get the spindle moving with vice grips. Worth a try?

What sort of noise is it making at the moment, when you try it.

Yeah very true

We'll the noise sounds to me like the motor works but the spindle is stuck solid /-)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
177 Posts
Stemac

I don't know why. I've tried a few times and it takes me to an article about removing the wiper motor housing????

Ah well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts