Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, as you may have seen my intro I'm new to the Peugeot but not the workings of a vehicle, but I'm after some advice if possible. The cars a 2005 307 1.6 hdi (109). It's don't exactly 94,000 and has a great service history but is missing it's last. My first question is this. I want to do a full service however trying to find what oil viscosity it should use and brand is difficult. What do you guys use. The second is question is in relation to the Tie rods. On its last mot it was noted that both inner tie rods were worn. I'm attempting to track a pair but 2 sizes are listed. I need the car to travel to get them so removing and taking to pars shop is not an option. Any ideas of how I'd find out what ones I'd need. I've not taken anything off yet.
Huge thank you
Jim

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Use a fully synthetic 5W30. I always buy from Amazon, and choose according to value. Currently, that's Comma.

If you post the last 8 digits of the VIN, we can look up the part numbers for your tie rods in the Peugeot Service Box Documentation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ian. That's great, thank you. I had the same engine years ago but in another make but couldn't remember what oil I used. I know I replaced the oil pick up, turbo feed etc at the time due to the carbonising of the oil. I've read that total quartz ineo is good but never used it. Thank you for the parts lookup. It's for both tie rods. The last 8 of vin are - 83920485. A big thank you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to add I've looked up several out of interest on ecp but it's showing two different lengths. As I only have one car is there anyway of knowing what one I'd need without removing it first ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts