Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I've just recently bought 1.9d expert and noticed on the service history that it was in a garage in January 09 to have a loss of power problem resolved,not a problem now as it seems to drive well.But when I fueled it the first time,25ltrs it started to smell of raw fuel in the cab and rear but as the fuel was used the smell has seemed to disapear.There doesn't appear to be any leaks.Any ideas?.Thanks Bobo.

·
Registered
919 Posts
bobo407 said:
Hi,I've just recently bought 1.9d expert and noticed on the service history that it was in a garage in January 09 to have a loss of power problem resolved,not a problem now as it seems to drive well.But when I fueled it the first time,25ltrs it started to smell of raw fuel in the cab and rear but as the fuel was used the smell has seemed to disapear.There doesn't appear to be any leaks.Any ideas?.Thanks Bobo.
dont think its to do with any leakage.. usual symptoms are that either one of the gaskets from the exhaust is leaking although it might not sound like and the emissions are travelling into the cabin somehow..

that would be the first thing to check.. was the fuel filter changed on the service?

·
Registered
919 Posts
bobo407 said:
I dont know about the filter,would this be worth changing anyhow?
Cheers.
it wouldnt do any harm.. as its only £5 approx..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts