Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my 3008 nearly 2 weeks ago and it has been back in the garage this week due to some concerns I've experienced, keen to find out others thoughts -

1. Lane Assist
For me, this is just a pointless feature. I live in a town but use multiple different roads daily and I am finding this a horrible feature to handle. The motorway bits works well until you hit a speed zone, just one stretch of my local motorway has 3 of the 50mph speed zones to contend with, the car has a mind of its own so I am fighting it constantly and in those small lanes its terrifying. I have to use country roads to get to my local motorway, this also seems too much for the feature as it has (on several occasions) tried to throw my car into the bank or oncoming traffic.
This was one of the features I asked to be checked at my local garage and here is their feedback - Firstly, the drivers actually turned this feature completely off when returning the vehicle to me between the garage and my work address because of how sensitive it was being, not a great start!! Then the guy at the garage told me the feature is not suitable for standard roads anyway or speed zones on motorways, and that their recommendation would be to turn it off until arriving at the motorway, then turn it back on for the motorway journey but turn back off again when approaching and driving through any speed zones....!?

2. DAB Radio
I had DAB radio in my Audi A3, and never once had a problem with it. I live in the same house, in the same town, and use the same roads daily. I struggle to listen to any station for more than 1 minute before cutting out. Their feedback from today is that this is just what happens with DAB which I obviously understand, but for it to be not listenable in my local town isn't acceptable when my previous vehicle and my friends vehicles have no issues at all...

Any feedback would be greatly received! I have lane assist completely off now but I do not believe its a very safe process to be messing around with settings on the screen and buttons whilst driving just to use a feature...?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've never owned a car with lane assist but my best mate has a Skoda Octavia with it and he has his turned off until he gets to the motorway. Sorry to be a bit blunt but isn't the name a bit of a give away 'lane' assist? Lanes which you only really come across on dual carriageways and motorways. I would also expect it to be more sensitive in narrow speed restricted zones. Exactly how many presses of buttons is it on the 3008 to turn it on/off? My friends Skoda is like one or two presses.

As for the DAB I do sympathise with you on this and it would wind me up too. Not sure if one can be fitted to the car but when I had DAB issues in my truck I sourced an amplified aerial which totally cured the issues except in the most remote areas.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I had lane assist on my first Focus and it could be set to warn (by rumbling) if I crossed the lines or set take over the steering momentarily if the same thing happened. I found it to be not too overpowering.

Coming down through France a couple of weeks ago on empty motorways, I would overtake the odd car and if I forgot to indicate, as there didn’t seem any need, I found the lane assist would grab the steering quite fiercely as I crossed the white lines and it was very off-putting.

I have since noticed driving along narrow country roads if I get too near the central white line the lane assist will force the steering away so I agree it is not the best feature of the car and I shall probably turn mine off.

Was your heading an intended pun shooters17 because we are talking about the feedback (of the sreeing) here aren't we?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Lane assist is off on mine! Will be activated when on the motorway though.

DAB! have the same problem, so listen to music from my mobile. Was really looking forward to DAB but it's proving to be a pain if I'm in a built up area.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I find the lane assist only kicks in on the motorway and works pretty well, I can change lane without indicating if I'm positive enough with the steering input. DAB works really well for me so sounds like a fault, this happened on my Qashqai and a software update sorted it.

3008 1.2 GT Line Pearl White

·
Registered
765 Posts
Cant comment on the lane assist. I know on my DS5 which has the rumble seat function, I turned it off after a week and 4 years on it's still off lol.

With the DAB, because others have reported dab cutting out due to signal noise from poor usb chargers, if you have one of those or any other plugged in device I'd suggest removing those first. Then maybe try disconnecting the wireless charging mat as the next source of signal noise, and maybe even pulling fuse on 12v and USB circuits.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I love all the technology the car has but either lane assist is a little sensitive or my driving is worse than I thought! Could be my driving actually...It'd be nice to have a sensitivity setting where you can get closer to the line without it correcting you though. Having said that I'm not gonna be too critical, because two weeks ago I was driving back from climbing Whernside and I dozed off and scraped my old car into a hedge at 40mph- that woke me up I can tell you- I'd have been singing the praises of lane assist then! I find the Dab radio fine. I listen to Radio X, BBC radio 1 and 2. Radio X drops off when I get near work, but I can't get it on my portable dab radio there either. I just wish it had the radio icons like the demo car did...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lane assist is useful on long motorway journeys - if you have a firm grip of the steering I find it easy to overpower it's attempt to correct your driving line and does help encourage you to indicate properly! However in very wet conditions I found it struggled to make out the actual lines giving false alarms and on B roads I'd also suggest you keep it off.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
If you ARE changing lane you should be indicating as the person you are about to overtake has just as much right to know what you are doing as anyone behind you does !!

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Can't speak for lane assist but as someone has already mentioned, it's only really usefull on roads with more than one lane for each direction. As for DAB, I bought into DAB early on and it has never failed to be dissappointing. It has never lived up to all the hype and the only thing it has achieved is to cram a large number of individual broadcasts into a smaller frequency range. As a side affect of the way DAB works, the majority of transmissions are in mono because the broadcaster is required to pay for two channels if they want to broadcast stereo and that costs a whole lot more than the single mono channel. When a channel is lost (frequently happens) the hyped up search for another channel with the same broadcast takes ages to complete and rarely manages to succeed. Add to that the large amount of broadcasters who have stopped broadcasting on DAB in preference of online streaming I won't be surprised if DAB goes the way of AM radio and the 8 track / cassette tape before too long.

If your main use of the radio is for music then with the current in car technology be it factory fitted or after market it surprises me why DAB is so popular. If you mainly use a radio for news / current affairs then fair enough, that's not quite so easy to replace though I dare say there are some news / current affairs being streamed.

Still, each to their own. For me, DAB isn't something |I look for when buying a car - been there, done that, got the T shirt and still dissappointed with it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I took delivery of my 3008 nearly 2 weeks ago and it has been back in the garage this week due to some concerns I've experienced, keen to find out others thoughts -

1. Lane Assist
For me, this is just a pointless feature. I live in a town but use multiple different roads daily and I am finding this a horrible feature to handle. The motorway bits works well until you hit a speed zone, just one stretch of my local motorway has 3 of the 50mph speed zones to contend with, the car has a mind of its own so I am fighting it constantly and in those small lanes its terrifying. I have to use country roads to get to my local motorway, this also seems too much for the feature as it has (on several occasions) tried to throw my car into the bank or oncoming traffic.
This was one of the features I asked to be checked at my local garage and here is their feedback - Firstly, the drivers actually turned this feature completely off when returning the vehicle to me between the garage and my work address because of how sensitive it was being, not a great start!! Then the guy at the garage told me the feature is not suitable for standard roads anyway or speed zones on motorways, and that their recommendation would be to turn it off until arriving at the motorway, then turn it back on for the motorway journey but turn back off again when approaching and driving through any speed zones....!?

2. DAB Radio
I had DAB radio in my Audi A3, and never once had a problem with it. I live in the same house, in the same town, and use the same roads daily. I struggle to listen to any station for more than 1 minute before cutting out. Their feedback from today is that this is just what happens with DAB which I obviously understand, but for it to be not listenable in my local town isn't acceptable when my previous vehicle and my friends vehicles have no issues at all...

Any feedback would be greatly received! I have lane assist completely off now but I do not believe its a very safe process to be messing around with settings on the screen and buttons whilst driving just to use a feature...?
Sorry, but its called "lane assist" for a reason. Its designed for a motorway and long distance cruising.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you ARE changing lane you should be indicating as the person you are about to overtake has just as much right to know what you are doing as anyone behind you does !!
Yeah I missed the bit were I clearly said I never indicate just for the LOLs.

No doubt your impeccable driving skills are to be admired.

·
Registered
486 Posts

1. Lane Assist

2. DAB Radio

The technology like lane assist still evolving and performance largely vary between vehicle manufacturer. Anyhow the lane assist only good for motorway driving. It is not recommended for other cases.

I have no idea above DAB radio which is not available my part of the world.

Glad I did not ask for both when I place the order.

·
Registered
544 Posts
It'd be great if you could configure the minimum speed where it kicks in.
According to the brochure olli, the Lane Assist only kicks in when the car is doing more than 40mph. If we don't want it to work and we can't be bothered to turn it off we can travel everywhere at 39mph and less. :D

Glad I did not ask for both when I place the order.
Do you have to ask for them as extras then Jagath? I have the Allure and they come as standard on mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry, but its called "lane assist" for a reason. Its designed for a motorway and long distance cruising.
Yes I get that, my point is that I need to travel through towns and single track roads to get to my motorway and within 5 miles of being on the motorway there is speed restrictions, with another 2 speed restricted/road work areas before I get to my desired location! So basically for 35 minutes of that 50 minute journey this feature is pointless and very difficult to manage... But its something that was sold to me and something that had an impact on my final selection of vehicle.

It was never sold as a feature that needed to be switched off prior to arriving at the motorway, then on again when you reach the motorway, then back off again within any roadworks, then back on again when back on normal motorway stretch, then back off again when exiting motorway. That is my point...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm not sure you do.

I think you have a misunderstanding of how lane assist is intended to work and it's purpose. It's not there to keep you in a lane, it's a safety measure in case you drift out of lane - like someone giving you a nudge. Are you saying you can't keep your car in a lane without this or expect the car to self steer and keep you in lane?

Why not just leave it switched off if your particular local conditions aren't suited. I did that when the weather was particularly bad. This stuff will only ever work in limited scenarios part in safety, part in complexity. Scenarios such as traffic cones etc are beyond it. Just ask a Tesla driver about autopilot and how well that works on UK roads, and that's in a whole different league !!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.