Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok folks just new to the forum and hope you can help. I have a 2008 Expert tepee which has a curious fault. If I flash the headlamps, sometimes the lights won't go off. this happens with all the lights switched off. When the main beam stays on like this there is no blue warning light illuminated on the dash. Now I have managed to get the main beam to go off when it does this but it involves tapping the casing of the main fuse box under the bonnet. So I reckon it sounds like a relay which has stuck contacts. When it's working normally I can hear a click coming from under the fuse box. Is there a relay under there and if so is it replaceable and how do you get at it.
Sorry if this sounds long winded but hopefully someone can help.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not floopy at all. If it was the comms switch, why would tapping the fuse box make the lights go out and then all is fine for while. As I said when the main beam stays on there is no blue warning light illuminated on the dash. When the main beam has stuck on, if I pull the stalk towards me the blue warning does come on and off again but makes no difference to the lights, they just stay on.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Well if your switch is not floppy then it maybe the fusebox but it is unusual

Faulty comm unit will put main beam on with no blue light too

IF it is the fusebox then it cannot be fixed you need to replace the whole unit !!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for that, Is there a way of checking if it's the comms unit without having to buy another one and swap it over. Maybe pull off one of the plugs that go into the back of it. It's an expensive mistake to make if it's not the comms unit as I priced one before and it was over 200 quid. I suppose a fuse box will be mega money too.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
fuse box is about £140 depending on type you can try a different com unit from another car does not need to be expert but needs to be same type 407 no doubt would work.

You can also try a different fusebox we have done this when diagnosing faults with our taxis as we have 10 so no need to buy parts till we know we are right :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like you're the guy I need to come and see. I work Glasgow and stay near Larkhall. Would this be possible???

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Yes possibly I look after 10 Glasgow taxis already and I am debating whether to look for more work as I could then employ my son full time but at the moment the workshop situation is uncertain

You are welcome to drop in though

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried to pm you for your location but not possible as I'm a new member. Can you pm me it if you don't want to post here/
Thanks appreciated.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got your pm thanks for that. Will pop up sometime with hopefully the fault showing and you can have a looksee. Will call you first though just to make sure you're available and not too busy.

This is much appreciated, thanks

Pete.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here's the pic of the comms unit as discussed.......

Plug colour left to tight:- Brown, grey and blue with a small plug in the right side socket.

Thought I had it sussed yesterday. Opened up the comms unit and cleaned all the contacts and switches. It was fine till about 8pm then the main beam stuck on as normal. Out and gave the fusebox another clout and all has been fine since....till the next time :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fuse box

Hi 58 reg yeah sounds like fuse box av it checked out
but,it could be the electrical wirein loom
a screw driver tester,will light up if its
all ok.

Stobartguy

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep sure was the fuse box that was gubbed. Am now £150 poorer though :( Thanks Reliable406 for fitting the new one ....top man. :thumb:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was 150 from Allied and that was with 10% off ffs....just got reliable406 to fit it for me, wasn't givin Allied 42 quid to fit it. :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts