Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if I can get some help and guidence for my Dad's 307 1.6 petrol saloon car. My Dad tells me that both the driver and passenger side wing mirrors have stopped working since Feb '10 (when we had some snow).
I would doubt that both the motors are faulty, but how do I find the fuse for the mirrors? All other accessories etc are working fine.
:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi, can anyone help and or advise me on the faulty door mirrors? I do not understand why both the driver and passenger side door mirrors have stopped working?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Did you find the fuse? If that has not cured it, the next step might have to be hooking the car up to a computer to see what's causing the fault.

Oh, and in what way are the mirrors not working? Are the units simply not folding in when the central locking is applied? Or are the mirrors themselves unable to be adjusted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not find the fuse, where do I need to look? The mirrors are not folding out when you de-activate the alarm and are not folding in when you activate the alarm. :(

·
Registered
535 Posts
Bob1961 said:
I did not find the fuse, where do I need to look? The mirrors are not folding out when you de-activate the alarm and are not folding in when you activate the alarm. :(
OK, I should have asked the exact model and year. I attach a picture of a 05/06 307 fuse box. The red arrow is the Heated mirror circuit which may or may not be relevant. The blue arrows are the central locking, which I am assuming has the effect of closing the electric mirrors, because, although I have checked a few other year's manuals, I cannot find a fuse specific to the operation of electric mirrors. (But that might just be me and I don't know why there are 2 fuses = 2 and 15.)

However, having said that, it is likely that if the heated mirror works or the central locking works, then it is not the fuse but check anyway.

I take it that the mirrors stuck whilst they were in the 'out' position and have not been manually closed - my experience of manually closing is that it causes all manner of problems.

Next, why don't you phone a dealer, ask for the service department and simply ask a mechanic which fuse it is and if he knows what causes the fault - it does sound like a power supply problem. I say this as you can give him your father's car's VIN number and/or registration (Do NOT publish either here.)

If I have shown the correct fuses and the fuses are OK, then I think you will be looking at someone with the diagnostic computer equipment looking at your father's car - it could be a case of just clicking a few options in the program to get the mirrors back to a working state.

If you say where you are, we may know someone near by who might be able to find the time to check (in return for the price of a few beers/expenses)

Edit: I've just found Bettyswallocks' link to 307 fuses here... http://www.peugeotlogic.com/fuses/fuses307/307fuse1.htm must be a different model

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
307 wing mirrors

Hi. i have a 2002 307 diesal./my auto wing mirrors have stopped workin. had a diagnostic on the car,showing no faults.no fuses have gone...has anyone any ideas..its really bugging. me as driving now the mirrors are just wobbling everywhere???

D

·
0 Posts
That the problem, the wobbling. Move them manually back out till they click into position.
They should start working again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts