Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok drivers window switch motor etc works ok, the problem is when the window starts to come down or go up depending which way i switch it ....it stops half way itself then either goes back down or back up then stops so you could be stuck with the window stopping half way and not going back up / if i then pres the switch and encourage the window by placing palm of my hand on the glass to encorouge it to go up then it will eventually go back to the top ?, (hope that makes sense ?
been to peugeot they said it needs 2 x shims part number 8735 76
and also 1 x window channel part number 9300 Q
question is how easy are these shims to fit and were do they go as anyone got any pictures or diagrams of hoe to change them or were these shims go
thanks

P

·
0 Posts
Could this just be some sort of muck in the rubbers? I had issues with getting my window back up, ran paint brush around whilst window down and it sorted it.

PP.

·
12,103 Posts
Its a common fault. The window regulator is detecting resistance and treating it as an obstruction (i.e. a child's head) and sending the window back down.

Could be a worn motor but on all the cars I've sorted its just been a case of cleaning the window channel and spraying the felt material with silicone spray (Back To Black).

I also spray the switches with compressed air to clear out any gunk and then a tiny squirt of electrical contact cleaner.

·
Registered
343 Posts
If the above does not work, it could also be a faulty drivers switch or similar.

I had the issue and cleaned everything as described in the posts above, to no avail. I eventually took the drivers switch apart in dispair and found gunk stuck in the contacts. I cleaned it up and then it worked fine.

I realised this was the case when the passenger side control worked fine. Worth checking but if both do the same then one would hope the above cleaning works or you may need a motor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let us know how it goes, interested to know the outcome.
cleaned the rubbers/channel sprayed with spray ..still no joy works for about 2-3 goes ,then starts playing games again:nono: you can actually see the window tilt forward as it moves up/down then stops... peugeot recon i need 2x shims and new rubber to solve this i dont trust them after last experience taking a job into them , i can do most simple jobs myself the shims cost £6 but when i ask them were they go they just say indide the rubber/channel :confused: i dont mind getting them for that price but wish they would explain were they go in simple terms or just show me , apparently these shims stop the window from tilting forward , hence will make the window go up/down correctly without stopping half way:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts