Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just bought my first pug 407 yesterday and was wondering if anyone can help with display?(radio station trip comp) its fine when first go in car then starts fading breaking up until you cant see anything but when cold next morning works fine again thanks in advance john.

J

·
0 Posts
Extremely well known problem.... there is plenty on the forums about this.
Its all to do with the heater behind it.... you'll probably find it will be better in the summer.
No known fix, other than to replace it :nod:

·
Registered
821 Posts
if you search the forum there are few attempts to fix the problem, but none seem to be sucessful so far, so like jmkent said, youre just better off getting a new one off ebay :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Extremely well known problem.... there is plenty on the forums about this.
Its all to do with the heater behind it.... you'll probably find it will be better in the summer.
No known fix, other than to replace it :nod:
Mine works great in the winter but is useless in the summer. :confused:

I just live with it as its not exactly important

·
Registered
71 Posts
For me it's quite useful as I can see stations or audio properly, climate control as well and most importantly trip computer as it helps you to drive more efficiently.

One good side of that is if you will get a fault you will not see it annoyingly blinking all the time :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am selling these displays. Thus, if anyone is interested send me a message and I will get back to you.

Price for a latest generation brand new orange display is just €119 + P&P.

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
You have PP. You can do that yourself, but I take no responsibility for damage to your car or display if things go wrong...

This is a list of other members having required tool in the UK and Ireland who may know how to do that:
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/diagnostic-peugeot-planet-map-7734/

Stealers charge less than that. ~ £40.. Try a few garages for the best price if you want to go that route...
Also see my ad in FOR SALE SECTION for FAQ and more information. ;)

Thank you for interest,
Ed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts