Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My car is a 2010 Peugeot 308sw petrol.I've been scouering the forums for a few hours now. Basically tonight when my partner came to pick me up the engine management light came on. And with this the dreaded faulty anti pollution warning came up. Now I know it can mean a few things and this happened to me before. But when it happened before about a year and half ago, it turned out to be 1 of the ignition coils so it got changed along with all the spark plugs. Im now wondering if it could be one of the other ignition coils?
There us no shuddering and doesn't sound any different but I'm no expert. I read in a post on here run it in low gears at certain revs for 20 mins or so, i've done that and it's still on.

Now I know I should take it to my local Peugeot garage but there so expensive and there not very helpful or polite. Any advice or any sort if help would be much appreciated.
Thanks Gareth

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Driving at certain revs for 20 mins is for diesel engines it sometimes forces the DPF to regen your car does not have a DPF

The reason for the antipollution display message could be lots of things its rarely the same thing each time its just telling you SOMETHING is wrong unfortunately without a diagnostic you will never know plenty people on here have the equipment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Driving at certain revs for 20 mins is for diesel engines it sometimes forces the DPF to regen your car does not have a DPF

The reason for the antipollution display message could be lots of things its rarely the same thing each time its just telling you SOMETHING is wrong unfortunately without a diagnostic you will never know plenty people on here have the equipment.
Hi thanks for the quick reply how would I find any one in my area I live in Chesterfield. I have no idea where to start looking or anything every time I search for independent Peugeot technician it brings up the main dealers or some website called click mechanic where everything seems to he £45.
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.