Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I had my abs sensor replaced today (rear passenger side) but as I'm starting to find out its never simple to fix the 307 :(
Now I'm getting the fault code (2137.. ABS RETURN PUMP disturbed function)
So now I have to source a abs pump from somewhere and get It fitted :(
Does anyone on here have/braking any? And is there more than one type/size of a 02 plate 2.0 hdi 90??

Thanks for any info :thumb:

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i hope its nothing like my missus ford ka where the abs module has died but getting the correct one is a pure heartache

have you cleared the codes and see if they come back. does the abs work in the snow

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hope its nothing like my missus ford ka where the abs module has died but getting the correct one is a pure heartache

have you cleared the codes and see if they come back. does the abs work in the snow
The abs don't work at all and I get the abs fault and braking fault display when I start the car. I had the rear abs sensor fixed but the pump is bugged :(
The garage reset the code and gave me the fault read out.
if I get a used pump the garage will fit it, so hunting I go ;)

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
thats the same as my missus car. the abs is dead. it runs the speedo too which is alot worse

my abs is playing up (think i have a dodgy sensor) as the abs has been working perfect in this weather

C

·
0 Posts
I know it small consolation to you now, but new brake fluid every 2 years is a piece of pith job and eliminates all this tiresome ABS pump failure nonsense.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Drove down the m1 today and no braking fault! Could this be a dodgy wire? Or does the abs pump do this kind of thing when it's on it's way out? :confused:[/QUOTE

no if they fail they fail. the abs light came on my missus car. then the speedo stopped working that evening. since then its dead and if you hit the brakes you just slide

did you diagnose the abs sensor fault or did you just hope for the best

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
I know it small consolation to you now, but new brake fluid every 2 years is a piece of pith job and eliminates all this tiresome ABS pump failure nonsense.

i agree everyone goes on about needing planet to bleed the abs system. i bled my car with a vacuum bleeder and everything works as it should

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drove down the m1 today and no braking fault! Could this be a dodgy wire? Or does the abs pump do this kind of thing when it's on it's way out? :confused:[/QUOTE

no if they fail they fail. the abs light came on my missus car. then the speedo stopped working that evening. since then its dead and if you hit the brakes you just slide

did you diagnose the abs sensor fault or did you just hope for the best
It was diagnosed with the abs sensor needing replacing but the pump was on there too, I replaced the sensor and hoped for the best. But the warning still hasn't come on from yesterday but I know it will soon :(

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was driving down the m1 and I heard a sound like a clicking and pinging sound and my abs light went off and still hasn't come back on!
Even in the snow the abs is kicking in and all seems fine now,
So do I get my pump changed or do I just wait an see if the light comes back on again?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
sensor or wiring connector is loose. have you checked the connections for the abs sensors. there in a stupid place i packed mine with grease to stop any crap

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sensor or wiring connector is loose. have you checked the connections for the abs sensors. there in a stupid place i packed mine with grease to stop any crap
When I had a diagnostic test done it said rear left sensor (had that replaced)
But it also said the abs pump was jamming.
It's just funny it worked for about 4-5 days with the abs kicking in on the snow.
When I can get the car on the drive as there's too much snow I will have a look monty :thumb: thanks for the info

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just been out in it and again and the abs warning is very intermittent stayed off for 20 mins then came on. Restarted the car warning came on drove down the street it went off :confused: so I don't know it the pump is knackered or if its a dodgy wire or connector

1 - 16 of 16 Posts